Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Usage of James Cook should be telling about direction of Georgia offense

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageUsage of James Cook should be telling about direction of Georgia offense

James Cook will be a very interesting player for Georgia to use entering the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of my favorite players, and a DGD. So happy he came back for his final year. Looking forward to watching him make defenders look silly!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article with many good points. Cook will be a weapon in 2021.

GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    WR_Dawgs_Fan88WR_Dawgs_Fan88 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

The closer we get to the season, the more and more I'm getting excited!!

I can't wait to see what all formations and plays Monken is going to dial up now with a full off-season and with JT Daniels returning as the starting QB. Plus, it will also help UGA's OL, and just everyone should feel alot more comfortable in Monken's system now.

Monken truly has an embarrassment of riches and potential mismatches at his disposal from which to work with and employ. What I really love about this offense is with the sheer amount of talent and depth, it will allow Kirby and Monken to change things up from week to week in order to best attack their opponents' weaknesses.

Their goal line and short yardage packages have the potential to be crazy good and successful with the versatility of UGAs RBs and their athletic, big bodied pass catchers in Gilbert, Washington, Bowers, Robinson, and Fitzpatrick. Plus, they can also work some end-arounds using their speed with either Cook or Arian Smith. Not to mention, they have some guys that can just run solid routes and are able to find open holes in Blaylock, Jackson, Rosemy-Jacksaint, and even they will have guys like Mitchell and Burton that look like they can give you a bit of everything and just ball out..

That's not even including several other options they'll have as depth from some promising guys that are just waiting their turns for some opportunities..

The secondary is restocking talent ajd experienced talent, but even still, you couple those offensive weapons, with a mind like Monken's, using a QB like Daniels to orchestrate everything, and with Kirby, Lanning, and the Dawgs defense this very well could be a SPECIAL SEASON!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What will be interesting is what plays out between McIntosh, Edwards and Milton. as to who looks like the odds on favorite to win the starting job in 22. That is assuming WHite starts this season. With the productivity of the passing game it should open some decent holes for our backs to showcase their talents and to give coaches and fans a good idea of who should be the favorite next year. Last season with defenses stacking the box there were only a scant number of plays where the RB wasn't met either behind the line or at the line of scrimmage. This year should be different.

Along that line of thought, I think there is the real possibility of Milton transferring if it doesn't appear he is going to be the starter next year. HIs dad seems to believe his son should be the starter right now. I don't see him going into 2022 with UGA without that looking like a sure thing.

I say let them all get totes and let the best man win. THe cream will rise.