Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Preseason All-American lists highlights contrast between JT Daniels, Florida quarterback Emroy Jones

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imagePreseason All-American lists highlights contrast between JT Daniels, Florida quarterback Emroy Jones

JT Daniels and Emory Jones each will look to have a big season entering 201.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suspect the University of West Gainesville will figure out an effective way to build an offense around the skillset of their QB. They have no other option.

Will it work? To a degree.

Do they have the supporting cast? Good question. We'll see.

Much the same could be said about UGA.

Nothing wrong with a QB who is primarily a runner, but Georgia has a plethora of runners, a large, deep, and talented WR room, tight ends who are major threats as receivers, and a RB corps very capable of catching the ball as well as running up a storm. What do the stinky lizards have?

Go, Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So,,.in short, UF has D’wan Mathis.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure Jones will have a productive year but I think he'll be limited by his lack of accuracy. The Florida offense will struggle against the best run defenses, and Jones doesn't have the passing skillset to win in a shootout type game.

Daniels has a higher potential and should have a solid season and become a 1st-2nd round NFL draft pick.

Daniels is capable of elevating his team into the Play-offs. Jones is not.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As long as he's not 6'5", deadly accurate, and has a receiver named Pitts, I like our chances.