Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Question about this whole NIL lifestyle of College ball.

MunsonMemoriesMunsonMemories Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

With players being able to make some money off of their likeness do you guys think we will see a slight increase of kids returning for their senior season? I'm talking more so about the guys who are a projected 3rd rounder. They are now able to step back and think that they can come back to college ball to increase their draft stock and still make a decent amount of money in the process. Of course the aspect of injury may be in their minds. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I don't see this whole idea of paying athletes being a doomsday to College Football, of course I could be wrong.

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, they'll make much more with an NFL contract.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. More could possibly stay . Only 250 are drafted each year…..more than that are making horrible decisions and leaving early out of desperation. A little money in college should help some to stay in school a little longer.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

texdawg I hope you are correct. Most of the taxi squad players do not get life changing money. Especially when you add in the value of another year toward graduation. The 2020 players that come to mind are Richard LeCounte III and DJ Daniel. Without knowing their personal situations, it seemed to me that they bot made a very bad decision. I think that they each left life changing money on the table by going after a injury filled year.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Curious on how many businesses are willing to alienate fans of other teams by 'endorsing' certain players, like Milo Tea has done with Bo Nix.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suppose. I know a lot of Bama fans got riled up about the Milo Tea. But, yeah, I can see it no worse than the Pros.