Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Sha'Carri Richardson Suspension

MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know. It's the Olympics. And some are turned off by the politics.

But this woman should be allowed to run. In the100 meters. And If she wants to relax at the end of a grueling day of training and light up, why not?

And the idea that THC is a performance enhancing? Spare me.

Given the Choice: Xanax or a Joint? Joint, every time. Final Answer.

Of course there are limits. Like it should be off limits to young people under 18 and students. Can't study when you're high.

Comments

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it is BS when our guys miss games for pot, and I think it is doubly BS that Richardson will Miss the Olympics.

I know rules are rules but alcohol has a similar effect as marijuana, yet one is totally legal and the other isn’t.

If she was taking the same drugs as Lance Armstrong, I could understand. Now that I think about it I wonder if the Olympics committee know the difference between ‘dope’ and ‘doping’.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t forget about Larry Nassar…

My point is that The Olympic committee, like the NCAA, has a lot of issues that they need to sort out.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are definitely downsides. Like when I was 18 and moved from Northern Illinois to Statesboro, Ga. Georgia Southern. Loved the school, made some great friends, but made bad choices regarding pot. And never think, "Oh, I'll just smoke a little before bedtime. Even though I have a test tomorrow. You Can't learn while you sleep, so what's the difference."

You would be surprised what you can learn in your sleep.

"It's a subconcious type of thing." From the movie Fargo.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just said it was dumb. Everyone has the right to be dumb, wrong, and even offensive.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Well, we moved to Georgia when I was 10. And moved back North three years later. But that was greater Atlanta. So I was somewhat use to the culture.

In '71, I stayed at Sanford Hall, third floor. Each room had a card with your name and where you were from. We had kids from Pennsylvania, Jersey, kids from South Georgia, kids from Atlanta (they were the most outrageous).

My first roommate was Keith from Thomasville.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Ben Franklin

Go ‘Merica!

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They definitely do have rules for that. The rules are so strict they even keep born female women from competing against other women because of naturally high testosterone levels.