Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN analyst throws shade at UGA’s football schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageESPN analyst throws shade at UGA’s football schedule

How good is UGA’s strength of schedule for this upcoming football season?

Read the full story here

Comments

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Talking season will be over soon enough. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And some folks say we can lose to Clemson and still be OK... well there you go. Any other team could suffer an early season loss and the season isn't over, like say BAMA, Clemson, Ohio St, Notre Dame and even Oklahoma.......but UGA? NOOOOO! Everything's a racket these days. Shame on her.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with ShootTheHooch. What about clemson’s lack of a schedule strength? They have been very fortunate that FSU and Miami have been mediocre during their streak. The acc is full of Vandy caliber teams. Of course clemson does well in the playoffs. Their starters have only played 3/4 of a season compared to the other teams in the playoffs because they face such mediocre competition week in and week out.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

How does he thinks that Clemson, OK, ND, and Ohio St. most of the time has made the playoffs ? It's been the lack of quality teams in their conference. That's why CKS has been trying to bolster the nonconference schedule.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

ESPN-Haaaa!!! The liberal station that bows to China and has people like this moron who they allow to give her non-educated opinion. The Clemson game will be a great test and if we win and lose a close SEC Championship game then we are in. Lose to Clemson and we have to win out to get in.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Well, I do agree with Dinich about our easy schedule after Clemson. C'mon guys, the SEC East is generally a joke. If we played in the SEC West would we have ever even made the playoffs once?? The best teams, players, and recruiting happens in the West, and the winner of the SEC Championship is most always from the West. Heck, the only SEC teams to beat Bama are in the West. Those "great" SEC East Florida Gators imploded last season and ended up losing 3 games.

But yes, Clemson has a cupcake path to the playoffs, but once they get there they usually show that they belong. Usually...not always.

Personally, I'll take losing to Clemson if we can beat Bama in the SEC Championship game...

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN has never been UGA's friend. From 2007, when Herbstreit said you should win your division to play for a Championship, thus enabling LSU to move from being ranked 6 in the poll to the number two in the poll, when we were ranked number three, the die was cast. Yet, when Alabama does the same thing, they get in. I cannot tell you how I feel about ESPN, for were I to do so, I'd be banned from posting here. Let's just say ESPN sox - are ****!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

She's right except for Auburn and Florida. We beat Clemson in the regular season and Alabama in the SEC and the rest is golden. Go Dawgs!!!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Iowa State in the playoffs 😂😂😂 she has no clue.. Yet another espn "expert". The exact reason ESPN is a joke.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MontanaDawg I agree with your analysis. I have been saying for sometime it is a two game season - Clemson and SECCG. This schedule sets up perfectly for Kirby with the exception he will only see two proficient passing offenses. Last year when facing teams that actually had a pass offense the defense collapsed. Based on roster talent alone UGA should be a double digit favorite in ever game except those two.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clems’on only has a Real season in the Post season. That’s what they prioritize their practices for as they know they can yawn and beat their regular season opponents !! There are a very few exceptions but ESPN by and large has had a staunch bias against the Dawgs for years. And Yes absolutely what they say influences the Playoff Committee !! The Only way the Dawgs are gonna make any significant waves with ESPN is to win it all !! And Even Then their acknowledgment of UGA as a force in CFB overall Im saying will be short lived if UGA is a one hit wonder !! Gotta win it all consistently or at least be right on the cusp with winning it all some seasons mixed in to get any significant acknowledgment from the majority of the talking heads at ESPN. It’s just how it is. I’m hoping that this year will be the year of the Dawg !! Go Dawgs !!

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haters gonna hate.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yawn. ESPN is always against the SEC and Paul Finebaum is always for the SEC (rightfully so). I don't think either opinion is very newsworthy.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2021

All due respect to Dinich, but, her statement shows ignorance. No matter the outcome of the tilt against the ACC foe, all that matters is that UGA win the SECCG. It is a certainty that UGA will face TWO top five teams prior to the playoffs! How is that an easy schedule?