Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Clemson legend may ‘have to move’ if UGA wins opener

SystemSystem Posts: 10,457 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageClemson legend may ‘have to move’ if UGA wins opener

Homer Jordan, the Athens native who was the quarterback on Clemson’s 1981 national championship team, said he “may have to move” from his Georgia hometown if the Bulldogs beat his beloved Tigers in the season opener.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So this is what passes for a sports "article" these days? Pretty lame.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2021

I agree, they should play every year.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Played HS Football with Homer at Cedar Shoals in the late 70's. A genuine person, can't blame him for being loyal to his alma mater, Clemson. No different than a DAWG fan showing loyalty to UGA. Hopefully the next time I see Homer around Athens, I can rub it in after a DAWGS victory over his Clemson kitty cats, sorry Homer lol

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really wish I knew the real story about why Homer Jordan didn't sign with UGA. At the time, he would have had to beat out Jeff Pyburn (yeah, go ahead, I'll give you a minute to try to remember him). Homer could have done that in a heartbeat, but as i recall, Pyburn's daddy was an assistant coach or somehow close to Vince Dooley so no one really got a fair shot at that job. Buck Belue took over after Pyburn graduated. But I remember the folks around Athens talking about how **** UGA was for not recruiting Homer.

• Options
    DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

No matter what you think of Clemson, they have never won a natty without a Georgia kid at QB.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    edited July 2021

As I remember, Homer wasn't heavily recruited by UGA. Dooley thought he was too small in stature to be an every down SEC QB. Homers heart, and determination more than made up what he lacked in physical size (Listed as 6'0 183 on Wikipedia, Homer was maybe 5'10 170 in HS on a good day lol). He proved that in 1979 by leading Cedar Shoals to its 1st ever undefeated season, we eventually lost to Lakeside in the region championship. That Lakeside team was coached by a Georgia HS Football Legend..Wayman Creel. Btw..Pyburn was also a Cedar Shoals QB and a heckuva Baseball player. Along with another great DAWG from the 1980 UGA Team who was also a CSHS QB..Amp Arnold. I'm done reminicising 😂

• Options
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m praying UGA wins the big game and Homer leaves town. My property values will skyrocket with him clearing out of the neighborhood. Go Dawgs and Goodbye Homer!!!