Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A heart warming story

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The dead period ended yesterday and my son and I visited Arkansas.

After touring football facilities and talking football with the coaches…they took us to the stadium. It was four Arkansas coaches, my son and me.

As one of the coaches was unlocking the door to let us in…a family of five from Oklahoma was walking around the stadium. They were huge Razorback fans. They were just trying to get peaks inside the stadium There were three kids in the family, the oldest a ten year old. Their grandfather had played football for Arkansas and he passed away when the 10 year old was three.

One of the coaches told the family to come along. The 10 year old hugged his mom and started crying causing the mom to cry. It was very emotional. It was amazing to see how much it really meant to that young boy and his family.

The family got to see the game day locker room and walk on the field. Ten year old even got a chance to wear a helmet and get his picture taken like a recruit.

For a sentimental guy like me…it was awesome. And reminded me of how important these college teams are to so many people.

Comments