Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN power rankings give Clemson slight edge over Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageESPN power rankings give Clemson slight edge over Georgia football

Georgia football and Clemson are two of the top teams in the country.

Read the full story here

Comments

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

"The same level of preparation we have for Clemson is the same level of preparation we’ll have for Georgia Tech and UAB."

Heh heh, good one.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Championships may not be won in September or October but they surely can be lost

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Just another game." Wink-wink

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It may be me, but do y'all get the sense ESPN and CBS don't like UGA very much? /sarc

• Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Until the dawgs prove they can not only compete against elite teams but beat them as well. Why give them the benefit of the doubt. Until Ga proves other wise I’m not going to get excited about a wedding cause so far we always end up a bridesmaid

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not convince that Clemson can beat uga and my reasons are quite simple.

#1 Their present qb could not beat Notre Dame. Jake Fromm who is not that mobile beat Notre Dame twice.

#2 Clemson got stomped by Ohio St who bama beat by 28 points. Bama beat uga by only 17 points and had it not been for the 3 ints I believe the outcome would have been different. Since Stetson Bennett is a lethal runner, the strategy at half time should have been for Stetson to try to create havoc with his legs but instead, they tried to beat bama with his arms. BIG MISTAKE!!

If Kirby makes better coaching decisions this season, I believe they will win every game.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just ask defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.

“Stetson Bennett’s a beast, man. … Stetson Bennett … Stetson Bennett puts a lot of pressure on our defense. He is extremely quick, he’s fast and he can throw,” Tucker said. “He can throw in the pocket, he can throw on the run and he’s a great competitor. He does a great job giving us a look and it challenges our players. I’m glad we have him.”