Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Todd Monken provides clarity on Georgia football back-up quarterback battle

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageTodd Monken provides clarity on Georgia football back-up quarterback battle

Todd Monken gave a very interesting update on the Georgia backup quarterback battle

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Let’s hope we don’t need a #2 QB this year

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

No , let's hope that we need him every game because the starter is only playing 3 quarters cause we are up big.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yes we better hope whoever #2 is get's lots of playing(passing) time this year to be ready for next.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know that will probably mean we run the score up on some teams but that's just the nature of the game now. You have to get your guy for next season, ready this year. I hope CKS get's that. I saw us sit on the clock and try to run the game out too many times in the past and it became a nail biter. You just have to keep the momentum going with these teams that can score quickly against you.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2021

Let's hope we don't face BAMA's #2 qb. Our record is not good, there.

And let's hope Bennett's skill and experience are utilized on the scout team. He might could be the best scout team qb, in the US.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I prefer Brock Vandagriff to be the starter against Clemson and his lack of experience doesn't concern me. Jake Fromm, Tua Tagovailoa and Trevor Lawrence all contribute as a true freshman.

Also, Brock has the mobility, arm strength, acuracy and certainly the moxie to compete at a high level.

As of now I think JT is Kirby's guy but if Daniel struggles in the 1st quarter, I hope Brock gets the call. Back in 2002 David Greene struggled in the 1st quarter against Clemson and when DJ Shockley got the call he led the dawgs to an impressive victory.