Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kendall Milton on mounting Georgia injuries: ‘we’ll be good’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageKendall Milton on mounting Georgia injuries: ‘we’ll be good’

Kendall Milton will look to play a key part in the Georgia running back room in 2021.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really like the comments from Kendal Milton. Some of us members of dawgnation have made comments that reflect exactly what Milton says and his attitude in dealing with all of these unfortunate injuries. As a fan I feel exactly the same way, that we are loaded with hardworking talented players that will step up when opportunity arises. Good article Conner especially with the input from Milton. After hearing so much negativity this past week it is very refreshing to hear from a player that exudes the confidence Milton does. I’m sure all of his teammates feel the same way. “Next Man Up”. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully our injuries will continue to be minor where we don’t lose players for the season. No matter what happens in the Clemson game we need to still win out and make it to the playoffs. The good news is that players like Washington, Pickens, Blaylock, etc should be ready to contribute sometime during the season and into the playoffs. If we don’t screw-up there is a real possibility that we could play Clemson and even Bama twice this year. Clemson in the playoffs and possibly Bama in the SEC CG……and if the Tide is undefeated and ranked #1 then they would likely make the final 4 even if we beat them in the SEC CG. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's he supposed to say? "Oh my goodness! With each starter that goes down, our chances of beating Clemson grow smaller by the day?" Some fans are hyperventilating and others believe no matter how many starters go down, "we're just better than Clemson and we'll find a way to win." Neither is based in reality, I'm afraid. We can win with a couple of starters out with injury. We cannot keep bleeding starters and win the game. We just can't . That's a fact. So, it is a concern how many starters go down and more importantly which ones they are. Concerned fans have a right to be. Being Pollyannish about the injuries doesn't make you a better, more virtuous fan.

• Options

Point taken, what you say makes sense and is the logical way of looking at things. I’m guilty of getting too wrapped up in an opinion this time of year when I get so excited about football. Your right neither is probably reality. I need to see a game before I can be sure of anything so I just hope for the best. Your absolutely correct that just being positive doesn’t change the facts. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I don’t think it’s the worst thing for some backups to get some game time. Granted, against Clemson it might be painful. I do think we are ok really because we don’t have to beat Clemson. Hopefully we get healthier before we play another tough team. I really wasn’t trying to sound like I’m not concerned about losing starters because I’m very concerned. We will see soon enough. I’m just ready to enjoy watching the Dawgs no matter what.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Joe31 this should be a two game season - Clemson and the SECCG. Losing to Clemson cuts the error margin to zero. The East is weak, the cross over games this year are manageable as none of the better West teams are included. This means everything will ride on the SECCG. I find it hard to believe if Kirby cannot beat Clemson he is going to beat the West divisional champion be it LSU, aTm, Bama, or ?

Going undefeated entering the SECCG and losing that game still gives some hope of making the playoffs. Lose it and having also lost to Clemson means hello Sugar Bowl.

No two loss team has ever made the playoffs. UGA will not be the first

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to make of it all at this point. Yes, Smart and Co. have be recruiting depth for just such a situation. And yes, to an extent it's next man up (and I hope the players never stop seeing it that way). But it reaches a point where I think it's just silly to write off a deluge of injuries to important players as excuse making. I don't know, pre-season, where exactly that threshold is, so I'm going to remain optimistic.

The biggest thing for me is disappointment over Washington's injury. Not just because it creates one more (surmountable) obstacle to victory. It just bums me out that we won't be able to watch him play in this game after looking forward to it for the past 6 months.

• Options

So you don't see any potential for improvement (including to the injury situation) between the first and last weeks of the season? Seems myopic.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the mindset of a Winner, we will go into battle (I know, that's a little dramatic) with whoever is left standing and will give our 100 % effort. Despite the quotes from the "motivationalists", all you can give is all you have to give and that amounts to 100 %. It's like the word "unique", it means "one of a kind". "More unique" or "Really unique" is like "110%, etc.), meaningless. I apologize for my rant on word or phrase meaning in advance of all my critics. I just couldn't help myself.

• Options

i was attempting to say that your way of looking at the situation makes sense and is logical. Somehow while trying to edit grammar I lost the comment. I’m new here so I’d appreciate if anyone could explain that. Anyway, yes your right neither is probably reality. I mean I certainly can’t be sure since we haven’t played yet. I’m guilty of getting carried away with an opinion because im excited about football. I think we will be fine because we don’t have to beat Clemson to make the playoff. And backups getting playing time could fortuitous later in the season. Granted, against Clemson it could be painful. I didn’t mean to sound as if losing starters doesn’t matter because your right it obviously matters very much and it concerns me. I get your point and after thinking about it I agree. If anyone can give a tip on the edit deal it would be appreciated. I’m not very tech savvy so I feel like an idiot lol.

• Options

Sorry guys I guess I didn’t erase it. I’m on the ball today. I guess I need a tutor

• Options

@stone yes we would have to win the sec. obviously a two loss team won’t get in

• Options

I apologize for screwing this thread up and wasting space guys. Won’t happen again

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ joe31 every things OK...glad you are here...welcome to the forum. Anyone who cares enough to take the time to chime in and comment has the DAWGS best interest at heart(usually). Ha-ha!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No need to apologize, J31. In fact, you've made the dialogue better, so thanks for jumping in. We don't need to all agree with a given point of view... knowing that we all want the same thing (UGA success), anyway, makes that okay and part of the deal. Should you want to add or change something, however, there is a way to go back and edit your own submission, I think as long as you do it within a few hours (look for a tool icon somewhere). Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kendall has the outlook on our injury situation well in hand; "Everybody has that next man up mentality." Says he, “We’re a team that has limitless talent across the roster”. Not a negative thought in his head. Connor should spend more time around him. If anyone has any doubt about the Dawgs, wait 'til Sept. 4, 7:30 PM. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Well since you brought it up...

If there can't be degrees of uniqueness, then either nothing is truly unique, or everything is. It's applying a standard of absoluteness that renders the concept meaningless.

Think about something that was made to be one of a kind, let's say a concept car. Sure, it has aspects that are found only on that car. But to call it unique, in an absolute sense, is to overlook the multitude of features it shares with every other car. The fact that it is even recognizable as a car means that it is lacking in absolute uniqueness. The same could be said for anything else. I mean, not to be glib, but the fact that everything is composed from the same set of elements makes the avoidance of any commonality whatsoever between one thing and any other thing in existence an impossibility.

Or you could look at it the other way. No matter how similar two things may appear, if you look closely enough there are bound to be differences. If uniqueness is meant to be absolute, then everything is unique and the word loses all meaning.

So if we are to make such comparisons, there must be some acknowledgement of a foundational commonality, at which point it becomes a question of HOW unique is this thing? Just HOW different is it from everything else? Uniqueness is a concept that can only exist in degrees.

There I said it. I welcome your Off Topic votes.

PS: I'm not the one who voted down the quoted comment.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@E_Roc l would hope there would be improvement however don’t discount other teams are also going to improve and some potentially more than the dawgs. There is also the very real possibility of more injuries. If you consider that to be myopic so be it.

• Options
    edited August 2021

There's nothing wrong with either of those observations. Yep, they both could happen. But I don't see any rational basis for saying in August that you wouldn't like our chances in December just because we'd lost a game against a comparable opponent 13 weeks prior. You're glossing over way too many unknowns for the sake of arriving at a pessimistic conclusion. And I would note that if we do beat Clemson, it doesn't mean things can't fall apart somewhere along the way to the post-season. If someone were to say "If we win against Clemson then I find it hard to believe we won't win the SEC Championship" then I would fully expect to see that comment called out for its short-sightedness. There are just way too many things that could change between those two games to draw any reasonable conclusion about the latter from the result of the former.

• Options

Well, it’s a fact that we have major injury issues right now. But it’s possible, maybe even likely that we are not stressed by injuries as bad as we are now, if or when we play for the SEC leads me to thinking there is a good chance we are better off in Atlanta than we will be in Charlotte. It just makes since for me to be optimistic about the subject.