Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football legend Herschel Walker running for Senate

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football legend Herschel Walker running for Senate

Georgia football all-time great Herschel Walker is running for U.S. Senate in 2022, per a breaking story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love him. Could never vote for him

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will probably be closed pretty quick...it is interesting and I am sure he will not like that business.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought he was still living in or near Dallas, TX.

• CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm sure that this is good news to many Bulldog fans.

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WestAshleyDawgWestAshleyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

He has a ton of baggage as a candidate that this article didn't dare touch. I would never vote for him, but I live in South Carolina where we have our own bad politicians to deal with.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Ridiculous!!!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting that several folks on this site slammed anything positive about Herschel. Are those folks Techies or Marxist? Maybe both 😉

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not going to get into a back and forth, I respect Herschel too much for that. I don't think HW will be the republican nominee in the general election though. I suspect his campaign will fade. I can think of several ex-Dawgs who seem well suited to politics, but not Walker. There are also reports being circulated that might prove damaging to his chances.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mother Teresa could run as a Republican and as soon as she announced, they would start making up lies to defeat her.

They have already been doing it to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. DeSantis is doing a great job and looks like a great VP or even Presidential candidate. They will do it to Herschel too.

It's what they do, and they do it every time...

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ummm are from this planet? Herschel does not even need a campaign to win any race he chooses to enter in GA. He don't need any money. Any friendly or serious wager you would like to place I will take it and will take all that you are willing to put up. I will even borrow money if I need to because it is a sure thing Herschel wins in a landslide

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great news for the state of Georgia. This is like Saban running in Alabama. Everyone else might as well dropout and forget about running. Warnock will try to appear as a moderate best he can until the election, no as a conservative even to get elected. But it will all be 100% in vain. Herschel will win any race he chooses to enter in GA and by a landslide. Warnock and all others might as well dropout but will not for the media attention and exposure he will get for free. Just a word to the wise, any money donated to Warnock, go donate it to a good local charity instead. That is money has any value to you. Donating it to Warnock's campaign will immediately take that money's value and chance to have any impact to zero. Zero impact because he has zero chance and by zero I mean zero. Could not think of a more foolish way to spend hard-earned money then to donate it to anyone running against Walker.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't mix politics with my fan interest.

Please see below: (Hint) I didn’t start it.

This discussion has been closed.