Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

No COVID-19 restrictions planned for Georgia, Sanford Stadium

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageNo COVID-19 restrictions planned for Georgia, Sanford Stadium

Don’t expect Georgia to follow the lead of LSU when it comes to attending football games at its stadium this year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man….. I’m ready for football.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have had two Moderna shots through the VA so keep that in mind when reading my comments. I'm 78 years old and have children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and I took it to gauge it's safety for recommending to them. I have noticed that my energy level had decreased since my vaccination (second shot in early February). I also seem to have an increase in joint pain since then also. I'm not blaming the vaccination but I am not excusing it as well. I am dating a woman several years younger and she did not get the shots. She has had family get covid (thankfully none have been fatal) but she remains covid free. Most of my family near me (I do have a large extended family in the area) have not gotten vaccinated and none of them has caught covis. I can't help but wonder, if these vaccinations are as safe as advertised, why is it necessary to pay people and give away free tshirts to get them to take the shots. I'm old and hard headed, they're young and progressive (or are they?) so why the reluctance by UGA students?

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t see this lasting. LSU is requiring vaccine or tests. I imagine the SEC will make that standard.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Insanity!! This will go down as one of the dumbest, most asinine decisions in UGA's history. And that includes hiring Michael Adams.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I injected myself with bleach months ago, so I'm good. For now! Just kidding! 😁

Be safe out there my Dawg brothers and sisters!

GO DAWGS!

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Went from elation (UGA going back to normal for everything and not pulling that foolishness LSU is pulling) to annoyance (UGA LURING and incentivizing young people to take something that isn't proven at all).

From common sense to cringe in a matter of seconds.

• JohnOdom82JohnOdom82 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

My daughter goes to Northwestern University and the students there are very intelligent and well informed. The vaccination rate at NU is nearly 100% and this is also true for many top universities around the country, but not as much in the south. So, you tell me why UGA students are reluctant to get the vaccine. Is it ignorance, misguided political ideology, cowardice, or just plain selfishness?

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
    edited August 2021

And contrary to popular belief, these comments fall under the board rules and guidelines. All post and posters are subject to moderation.