Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

David Pollack picks Georgia to win national title, College GameDay cast splits vote

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageDavid Pollack picks Georgia to win national title, College GameDay cast splits vote

Two of the four College GameDay analysts are picking Georgia to win the national championship, but only one has the Bulldogs winning the SEC Championship Game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm picking my Dawgs to win it all this year too! Not being a homer, I just have a great feeling about this team.

GO DAWGS!

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

scary that Corso is picking us. VERY SCARY!!

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Desmond Howard is mostly known for constantly laughing so hard that you can’t hear what anyone else is saying

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

David’s pick is shocking, just shocking.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow. David and Lee picking the Dawgs. Will miracles never cease!

I think Oklahoma AND us Dawgs have a LOT to prove this season. The pressure is on fer sure. Oklahoma can't ever seem to get a playoff win, so you gotta know that bugs the heck out of them.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Pollack’s pick is significant in the sense he has taken criticism from Georgia fans over the years for maintaining objectivity and provide critical analysis of the program"

Well, I guess it proves that there are idiot fans everywhere. I haven't heard Pollack be overly negative towards the program, in fact it always seems that he wants to be as positive as he can be while still doing his job.

To me, it comes down to whether we can catch JT's passes. If we can, then we should be in great shape. If we bobble those critical passes, then there's no way. We always seem to be in a position to where we have to catchup because of missed big plays. We NEED to be making those plays, because Alabama DOES 90%+ of the time.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

If CKS leaves CTM alone and let him do his job we win it if Kirby shuts the offense down after we score 28 like he always does we’re in trouble

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going with JT's Mom on this one...just a special vibe with this team.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2021

If you look at picks you have 2 of 4 having UGA in and 3 of 4 having Alabama in. One can interpret the games before the final 4, as UGA beating Clemson but losing to Alabama in the SECCG, UGA losing to Clemson but beating Alabama in the SECCG, UGA losing to Clemson and losing to Alabama in the SECCG.

As for the NC, I think OU will be a much more difficult out for UGA than it will be for Alabama. I base this on Alabama having a very good defense and an extremely good secondary.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Forty-one years is a long time, and those rooting for other teams have rubbed our collective noses in it being so long that this has to come to a stop - THIS IS OUR YEAR. GATA like never before, and then some more!

• hgray59hgray59 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman
  • hgray59hgray59 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

to far into the future

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Re-watched the PEach Bowl game again for the umpteenth time. JT was harassed the whole game. He actually took quite a beating but to his credit he got back up and acted like it was nothing. Dude was super focused and tough as nails.

The O-line has got to get better.. they can't have that type performance against Clemson, keep JT upright and open some holes for our backs. Something they didn't do well against Cincy. Cincy shoulda beaten us to be honest. The O-line coach(Luke) has got to get them coached up or we can kiss our NC dreams good-bye.

Go DAWGS!

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes. That would be nice. One can hope!