Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Greg Sankey takes on ‘Alliance’ critics, reveals timeline on CFP proposal and league transition

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGreg Sankey takes on ‘Alliance’ critics, reveals timeline on CFP proposal and league transition

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey wants to set the record straight amid what has been a furious offseason of changes to the college football landscape.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

From what I see Sankey is ''a suit'' , he is a bean counter in a bad sense of the term. I don't take anything he says at face value.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So let me get this right. The top 4 teams will get a week off, play at home AND get a bye? This is all about the money of an extra round of games. I am against the top teams getting a week off and a bye. 8 is the right number. Teams 9-12 have zero chance to win. This is college FB not the NFL.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As far as the CFP, the ACC is Clemson, the Big 10 is OSU. Bama is in even if they don’t win their division nor the SEC Championship. So, that leaves one spot for the SEC champion or if Bama wins the SEC, one spot for Notre Dame or Oklahoma until OU joins the SEC. It seems like this “alliance” is willing to cut off its nose to spite its face in regards to expanding the playoffs in an ill conceived attempt to get even with the SEC. Privately, Sankey has to be laughing at these “alliance” fools!

• Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

They are ALL suits. What he laid out is fact based. All you have to do is look at the timeline for all of this.

What cracks me up is the "butt-hurt" nature of all of this.

Real simple questions:

Whose fault is it that Oklahoma and Texas decided to leave the Big 12? Answer - the rest of the Big 12. The could not draw big enough ratings to warrant Fox reworking their contract and that was the final straw for these two programs.

If Texas and Oklahoma had approached the Big 10, would they have taken them? Answer - yes

If Texas and Oklahoma had approached the PAC 12, would they have taken them? Answer - yes

If Texas and Oklahoma had approached the ACC, would they have taken them? Answer - yes

Making this out that the SEC is predatory when every **** one of them would have jumped to grab these two schools is a joke. And why did these two schools approach the SEC. Because it had the most to offer. And who's fault is that?

The Big 10's, The Pac 12's and the ACC - they couldn't keep up - that's their bad.

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021
  • brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed. I was going to say that this is reactive at best and an attempt to "hurt" the SEC. And the irony is that by keeping it at 4, they're more or less eliminating any possibility of their conferences being represented.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope the playoffs stay at 4 teams, mainly because there aren't 8 more teams in any given season in my memory that were as good as the top 4. 2 more possibly every season, but nobody's mentioned a 6-team playoff.