Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 bold Georgia offense predictions: Passing records, new rushing leader, balanced receiving corps

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
image3 bold Georgia offense predictions: Passing records, new rushing leader, balanced receiving corps

ATHENS — Georgia football game week has finally arrived, and that means a steady build up to the opening contest against Clemson in Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prediction: Daniels sets new single-season marks for passing yards season (Murray, 3,893), pass efficiency rating season (Murray, 174.82), TD passes season (Murray, 36).

If Daniels breaks all those UGA passing records, it will be a great season. If Milton also becomes the leading rusher, it will be icing on the top.

Milton may well be the most talented, but I also look for White to have his best season, as he will be completely healed from his knee injuries.

Can't wait for Saturday!

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

White being healed is one thing, being the player he was before the injuries would be another thing. He is likely to never be the agile back he was in high school. That player would be the best RB in CFB. He can still be good though, anybe even build an NFL career. I think people have forgotten just how elite he was before his first knee injury.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy never quits the Milton hype train. He must be on his payroll. Impressive run by Milton but not close to the 75 yard run White had against FL. Milton is a bruiser who needs a RB rotation and limited carries as his running style makes him more susceptible to injury. White is out of the Nick Chubb mold. Power and speed. Now fully healed White is ready to fulfill his #1 HS RB promise.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

White's run was a good one, to be sure, but the end result also had a lot to do with play design and blocking. In terms of sheer impressiveness from the runningback himself, I've got to give it to the guy who should have been tackled at the LOS, then broke 8 more tackles on his way to a 10 yard gain.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yea Man, I agree with others here. You can’t will White into being the better back. Milton has looked far better when healthy. If he performs he will get the ball... wether that hurts yours, or Zamir’s feelings or not.

• BestofBreedBestofBreed Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zamir avg 5.4 ypc and Milton avg 5.5 on fewer carries and late in games often when games were over. I don't care who is the guy as long as we get production but the idea that Milton has been so much better than the others is a weird myth. Is it because he had some exciting runs? Is it became Mike Griffith is clearly close w/ the Miltons and goes out of his way to pump Milton up? It's just not in evidence.

• BestofBreedBestofBreed Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2021

Agreed. It's obvious he is close w/ the Miltons. It's funny to me that during the Fromm/Fields debate (we don't need to rehash the actual debate) he was constantly saying "You don't think the coaches who see practice every day know best? You don't think they want to win?" And now because he wants to promote Milton over the others it's "UGA isn't playing the best guy. Milton is better than Zamir but the coaches keep playing Zamir." Hmm....

The reality is Zamir and Kendal had nearly identical yards per carry. Zamir had more rushes (which actually tends to hurt yard per carry) and was rarely in when the games were no longer in doubt. That's not to say Zamir was better or worse, just the say the way people talk about Milton compared to the other guys you'd think the numbers were relatively way better than they were. The truth is the numbers say we have a couple of really good backs and nobody is head and shoulders above anyone else. If Zeus is better at pass pro, shows more ball security, or just simply knows the playbook better he's going to play because despite some flashy plays by Milton the numbers don't support him being better than Zeus.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How to put this without people's heads exploding. Would love to see it all, but, JTD will only be realistic if UGA is in close games all year. Let me explain. That yardage will never happen, unless CKS decides to throw the ball 35 times in the first half. Are people REALLY wanting to see JTD playing in the 4th qtr? Not me. I want the game well decided by then. To me, a more realistic number for passing yards is over 5000 BY THE TEAM. That would mean CKS is still throwing the ball in the 4th qtr with the back ups for experience and not just handing the ball off for an entire qtr. SMH. I would rather see JTD's not throw for that much and not win the Heisman then to have to watch him play in the 4th qtr, in games that are not put away. Because who doesn't love watching UGA beating UT by 2 points with 2 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. (Sarcasm, if you didn't know). I am just sick of watching CKS "take it easy, or play the game the opponent wants to play". UGA vs UK compared to UK vs ALA last year. I understand the qb situation at the time, but facts are still facts. My most desired offensive records, are more goals than records. I want the starters out of the games at half (minus the big games, I understand, Clemson, UF, and SECCG), and then to watch the 2nd and 3rd string keep rolling on both sides of the ball. But beating teams like Mizz, UT, SC, KY, by 20 points, because UGA pulled away in the 4th with the starters, is a joke, especially when they are that much better then them. Sorry. Just my opinion.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2021

Given the schedule all of these goals are more than obtainable. Everything will depend on the performance of the offensive line. Kirby will have to decide in each game at what point do the backups play. This is important because from an experience standpoint there will be many holes to fill in 2022. Just remember Daniels backup has yet to throw a pass in a game. So it is s important he gets some snaps with the first team offense.

I also tend to think the outcome of the Clemson game will impact when the backups get an opportunity. With the exception of a couple of games, taking the staters out at halftime is really optimistic, it is also a bad coaching decision.

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

First, regarding the RB's, we have multiple RB's that could start almost anywhere. The advantage for them is less "wear and tear" on each one of them. YPC will increase with fresher legs for all of them, and especially so when the opponents have fatigued. I love the predictions for the number of receivers with 30 catches. I will love it even more if not all of them are from JTD. I do have one problem with being able to pull the starters early in the 3rd quarter....I want those starters to have conditioning and stamina to be able to play a complete game when needed. That is one reason I like the early substitutions during the game. It lessens fatigue ( therefore injuries ) and develops the skills of the younger players. Mop-up play is wonderful when it has the threes and fours!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You tell us that 8 players will for sure catch at least 30 passes this season one of those is Darnell Washington. It will be hard for him to catch 30, he will miss this Saturday's game, and Kirby doesn't feature his TE's in the passing game. Another of the sure 8 is Brock Bowers, also he is a TE and again Kirby doesn't feature TE's in the passing game. You also threw out possibly 7 more might also catch 30 passes this season. Dominick Blaylock will also miss Saturday's game and it might be several more Saturdays before he plays. As for TE John Fitzpatrick ( see comments about Kirby and TE's above).

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some things I left out. You predicted the TE's or a total of 3 TE's would likely catch 30 passes, that's a total of 90. I hate being a bearer of bad news, but that just ain't going to happen under Kirby, and I don't care who the OC is. It could easily happen if the team plays 15 games. They would only have to average 6 catches per game. For some reason Kirby doesn't care for the TE to be featured in the passing game. He would rather use the position as another offensive lineman.

• KurtTheWickedKurtTheWicked Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman
    edited August 2021

I doubt J.T. Daniels breaks any passing records this season simply because our schedule is so easy, Clemson not withstanding. How many second half passes is he going to throw vs South Carolina, Arkansas, etc., when we're up by 28 points and Milton, Zeus, et. al. are running for 9+ yards per play?

Clemson will start the season with significantly more positional playing experience, but by playoff time this will be largely negated and I think Georgia has more talent depth. Assuming the score isn't 45-3 and UGA wins the SEC, I don't think there's any question that Georgia makes the playoffs. For the first time in years I honestly wonder if Clemson can run the table; UNC poses a legitimate threat. Unlike the SEC, however, the winner of the ACC cannot afford a loss.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tommielee your comment caused me to think about what was predicted as it related to receiving. I looked up what Jones for Alabama did last year as he was considered to be a pretty successful quarterback. In 13 games, he completed 311 passes. Math is hard but with 8 players catching at least 30 passes that is 240. Now in all likelihood Daniels is going to have a primary and a secondary favorite target who will be targeted more than say the tight ends. Now I realize with this schedule it is possible but I agree with you the likelihood is not great.