Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-UAB: Live updates, injury report, practice news for Week 2 game

SystemSystem Posts: 11,048 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-UAB: Live updates, injury report, practice news for Week 2 game

Georgia football takes on UAB in Week 2 for the Bulldogs' first home game of the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

AIR IT OUT AIR IT OUT CKS DO NOT POUND THESE GUYS INTO THE GROUND WE NEED TO WORK ON EVERY ASPECT OF THE PASSING OFFENSE

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Glad you mentioned UAB is not a patsy game. They are one of those teams that can create a struggle…..especially the week after a huge game like we experienced with Clemson. I noticed UAB’s QB was 17 for 21 (320 yards) last week. I realize they faced a weak opponent, but we need to show up, play with intensity and pummel them in the first half. I’d like to see a stress free 2nd half and a chance to give our back-up players an opportunity to play….especially our QBs. Go Dawgs

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with you fully. UAB is a feisty fighting team that should provide the Dawgs with quality work to get better. Unless the Dawgs come in and stay for most of the game totally unfocused I don’t look to see UAB beat them. I do however see UAB as being a very scrappy hard fighting team that will not be intimidated by the Dawgs or the crowd.Kirby and the Dawgs need to put the metal to the floor and put these guys away by a big score as soon as possible. Then get as many backup guys some quality playing time as possible. Need to warn our starters to be fully prepared to come back in the game just in case. After that huge game Sat. night followed by practices our players may have a little fatigue. UAB was probably able to play allot of their backups in their last game. Our Offense needs work, work, work, and this UAB team should provide a good opportunity for that . Go Dawgs !!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to Dawgs 247, UAB's QB Bryson Lucero is talented. Workhorse RB Spencer Brown is not returning but the Blazers defense is returning almost in full. UGA has a record of 2-0 against them. In '03 UGA barely won 16 to 13 and in '06 UGA stomped them 34 to zip.

They are not to be taken lightly. Scrappy. I only hope there is not a UGA letdown after such an exhausting match with Clemson. UGA will win, however, IMO and will be able to play back-ups...QB field time is key.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tenacity in every game no matter the opponent. Time to air it out give valuable experience to the current starting receivers. Sic em Dawgz!😎

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Yes, UAB is not to be taken lightly, and I don't expect us to do so. Kirby will have the guys focused on playing.

Daniels completed ONE pass for over 10 yards against Clemson. That's it. Now there are some reasons for that, but overall we all know that ain't gonna cut it. SO, let's take these next several games and start figuring out the passing attack. Let's NOT rest on the laurels of a deep backfield and just run the ball much of the time. Whether it be UAB or South Carolina, our MO needs to be based on the Monken Passing Attack, and we need to figure that out with the receivers that will be on the field (whichever ones those might be). Let's attack UAB, rack up the score, and get the vertical pass game going!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT had like 2 seconds at the most to get the ball out or face a sure sack. I challenge anyone to name a play where he had at least 3 seconds to survey the field and threw it and he missed a receiver. The plan was to get rid of the ball quickly by using short passes, or at least that's what it evolved to quickly when we couldn't handle their rush.

Now, I don't know how Ohio St. put up 40 something in the playoffs on these guys and we couldn't score 1 offensive TD, but they did. Better OL protection? Better QB? (haters in 3,2,1)Better receivers? Better OC scheme/play calling/zone read?? I don't know the answer. A combination of everything? You tell me.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

reddawg really? You couldn't see the difference between OSU '20 O and UGA's '21 O? Let me try to explain it to you. OSU O in midseason/post season form. Better QB (Top 10 NFL pick) who was a major threat to run. Better WR's. (Olave and Jameson Williams are #1 picks. Not 3 freshman in their 1st game). TE's that caught 3 TD passes. Veteran OL (not make shift that lost starting OG in 1st series). More veteran Clemson D returning 11 starters. OSU had no untimely penalties that killed drives. Not really that hard to understand if you know a little about football.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Midseason/post season form for 2020 osu offense vs 1st game for 2021 UGA offense.. Says it all.I certainly understand your points about osu, and the players, they are facts. Game experience is very valuable, common sense says a team that has played 8 games, should be better the majority of the time over a team that has played 1 game. Another factor that affects that difference in offensive production, is an established offense at osu vs a new offensive concept for UGA.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK, regarding this 3:20 p.m. update and the COVID spike, I know Kirby didn't name the players, but did any of the journalists in the room at least ask him to clarify what he means by "three or four guys out?" Does he mean they're out for this Saturday's game, or just practice this week? When did these 3-4 guys test positive? And if 3-4 actually tested positive and are out for the game, are any other players affected due to contact tracing? If so, any idea how many? And might any of them also be at risk to miss a game? Also, because of this outbreak and the possibility of additional breakthrough cases, are players being tested daily, even vaccinated players? Are any other preventative steps being taken such as social distancing during meetings, mandated mask wearing, Zoom calls for meetings, etc?

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel sure that we'll know more about which players over the next couple of days. This COVID Delta spike was an even bigger concern in my eyes coming into the season than any "issues" that we may have with our offense or defense. And as much as I loved seeing full stadiums and fan pandemonium this weekend with all the games, this could be only the beginning of the spread for teams. We're just going to need to hope to heck we have enough players at the needed positions to field a game. And nobody wants to see any of the players or coaches get sick enough to warrant hospitalizations. Luckily, you've got a better chance of avoiding a bad reaction if you are vaccinated, and most of the guys are.

I think you will see some forfeits with games as the season progresses. Cross your fingers.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @MontanaDawg . I don't think we'll know which players are missing until they're actually on the field Saturday warming up and someone in the media actually realizes that So-and-So is not dressed or even on the field when that player should be. Hopefully "So-and-So" is not someone named JT Daniels, Zamir White, Jordan Davis, Lewis Cine, etc. UGA will never say (nor should they) so the press just has to watch and figure it out. I certainly hope we don't see any hospitalizations. I will say, though, that because of the vaccine, I believe that we will see very few -- if any -- actual forfeits. We may see some teams forced to play a game or two with severely depleted rosters due to COVID (I hope that we won't be one of those teams), but I think the vaccine will keep enough players healthy to play most of the games. And I'm talking about all of college football in general, not just UGA. Go Dawgs!

Thanks UGADAD for listing basically everything that I did, like it was your idea. And then acting like I don't know football. I guess you don't understand when someone is speaking tongue in cheek. LOL!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

reddawg I did not grasp the tongue in cheek. Well played. I get tired of hearing the UGA O bashing. Injury riddled O against a monster D. In the 5th game of a new QB in game 1 of the season missing multiple weapons. I said it before the game and I'll say it again. I will take a healthy '21 UGA team to compete with (Bama) and probably beat any team in the country.

No problem, just a bunch of passionate fans on here.