Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football climbs in Week 2 Coaches Poll after beating Clemson

SystemSystem Posts: 10,713 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football climbs in Week 2 Coaches Poll after beating Clemson

Georgia moved up in the week 2 coaches poll following its win over Clemson

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For everyone pushing for an 8 or 12 team playoff, how many of the teams ranked 6 to 25 deserve to even be in the conversation for a playoff spot?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for Kirby and UGA! That was one great win, especially with so many Offensive starter's missing the game.

GOOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

The polls are what they are. The top 12 teams should be part of a playoff with the top 4 teams holding byes in the first round.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Every year can be different Next year there may be 8 teams that can play toe to toe Maybe not this year

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also missing a starting DB, after SEVEN of them from last year's team are gone. Defense played lights out. We have come to believe good offense bests good defense. But how about elite defense? I guess we will see how good Clemson is, the rest of the way, to get an idea.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don’t think anyone is saying there 8 -12 teams worthy of being in the playoffs. The purpose is to expand interest resulting in more money.

The truth is most years it is difficult to find 4 worthy teams which is why there are so many blowouts

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"The win, as **** as it may have been, " I beg to disagree. The game was a glimpse of days gone by and I think the game was a thing of beauty. Defensive football is just as beautiful, maybe more so, than offensive football and it is much, much more difficult to do in this day and time. Compare it to the Rose Bowl win in 2017 - that game was a beautiful offensive performance but from a defensive viewpoint, it was an **** win. I couldn't believe that was a Dawg defensive on that field.

I guess, as the old saying goes, Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder.

• Options
  • Options

Why was my U G L Y changed to **** and the same word was used in the article. PC gone amock.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Perhaps, but when was the last time you could honestly say there were more than a few select teams that had legitimately established themselves as possibly the best in the country. I can't think of a season that that's ever happened. Even in all the craziness of 2007 I don't think there were more than 4 in the end. And there's a similar point to be made for automatic bids. How often do all 5 major conference champions have a case for being the best team in the country?

On the flip side, think about how much less satisfying this win would have been if we had known going into it that it wouldn't have any bearing at all on our playoff hopes. It would have been nice, sure, but not really the same.