Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart reveals what determines if JT Daniels starts against South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,549 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart reveals what determines if JT Daniels starts against South Carolina

ATHENS — JT Daniels’ condition is improving, but Kirby Smart isn’t ready to make any decision on who will start at quarterback for Georgia on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hmmmm... I wonder how much coaching gamesmanship is going on. I think there is a fair bit of it in play.

• Options
    srialiensrialien Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Do you write this in the dark? Grammatical errors are horrendous for a professional journalist.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is anybody really 100 percent? Will playing cause further injury? If not, let JT play if he is our best QB.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is Wednesday...Kirby knows who will start as the game plan begins to gel about mid week against SC...the QB will need to practice the game plan. Kirby knows or at least is pretty sure. Both Stets and JT can easily beat SC. Carson Beck is another story. However, he may be able to as well after he gets into the game rhythm and syncs with the backs and receivers. It will be more diffiecult if SC tries to Clemson UGA...soft zone. Harder for receivers to break away so you rely more on your backs. Either way, UGA wins going away.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I am quite fearful of this game. We will not be able to do things against sc like we did with uab. Their won’t be wide open receivers and they have a great d front. I believe we will start off a pound and ground game. People have been saying that our running game isn’t up to par, so that what smart does, he tries to prove them wrong.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like a recycled Clemson post. 😉. I think Clemson's defense is a little better than what we will see from South Carolina. And the SC offense is not as potent. Dawgs will roll.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was a little disappointed that Kirby didn’t give Bennett a chance to break the touchdown record (he tied it).

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is more than a little coachspeak going on here. Why tell the opponent what your plan is? Give them as little information as possible.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Griffith is a joke. All he does is read message boards, then “writes” up what he saw there. He’s easily the worst, most unprofessional sports writer I’ve ever read. Rarely even bothers to run a spellcheck.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

They barely beat ECU. With all our senior leadership, we’ll be ok. UAB would beat the chickens.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm surprised that CKS didn't say. ' I'm worried about USC, their punting game is very good and their kick off unit looks to be getting better every week.'

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That is bad odds. UGA is not 311/2 points better than SC. Get ready for a dog and chicken fight. Yeah UGA has more talent, but football victories don't always go to the more talented team. UGA was more talented in 2019, and we all know how that game ended.