Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

You are raising your kids right if.....

VreaderVreader Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Junior

Every time they hear the word touchdown they shout "How bout them Dawgs". My daughter just turned 2. No matter what game we are watching, pro or college,, whenever someone says touchdown she raises her hands and shouts "How bout them Dawgs". My husband is a Tennessee fan and considers me in violation of the neutrality pact we have about the kids. I just tell him it is not my fault that touchdown and Dawgs are synonymous to her.

Comments

• GAFANINTNGAFANINTN Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

There are plenty of words synonymous with UT:

I am sure when your daughter hears conversations related to bad coaching, she probably says 'UT have another coaching search'.

or dumpster fire she knows you must be talking about UT athletics.

• VreaderVreader Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Junior

He just can't say out loud what he wants to say during his games. They can't be said in front of a toddler.

• VreaderVreader Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Junior

She made him fist 👊 bump during a Dawg t.d. Saturday. He tried to leave her hanging till she pouted. The look on his face while he had to 👊 and blow it up at a UGA score was priceless.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So true!

I was watching the UGA/Clemson game in 1986 with a friend and with my daughter, who was two at the time, playing with her dolls on the carpet in front of the TV. Don't remember what exactly happened on the TV but I apparently was a little more uncontrollable than I should have been. There was a short pause and silence when my daughter, who never looked up says, matter-of-factly, "eff word, eff word, eff word, eff word, eff word ".

My friend fell off the couch laughing and I hurt I was laughing so hard!

Best part is, she grew up to graduate at UGA and is as big a fan of the Dawgs as i have ever been.

Of course, I did watch my mouth afterwards. Out of the mouth of babes!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, and HER kids could say Go Dawgs Sic' em before they could say "Mama"!!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My children have spent the last several years absolutely tormenting one of their elementary school teachers who is an Auburn graduate. Bear in mind that we live way, way, way out here in San Diego, California. That is a long way away from either Athens, or Auburn. Somewhere between 2,200 and 2,300 miles away. Anyway, I have four kids ranging in age from currently our oldest is a twelve year old, and it goes all the way down to our youngest who is now seven years old. The two older two kids have already given him the "GO DAWGS", and they did it daily to him for two straight years, and they have both now moved on past him. Now?? Here come my other two younger children into the picture, over the next three years to be that wearing that wonderful RED AND BLACK, and spreading sheer joy to his "BARN" filled brain everyday at their elementary school, all while they too are totally decked out in Georgia DAWGS gear!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I gave my newest grandson a Dawgs t-shirt at his baby shower and the rest of the ladies just didn't get it! I gotta talk to my daughter about her friends!

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My number 2 out of 4 son graduated from UF. While he was going there he had UGA bed linens. He still wears UGA shirts and cheers for the Dawgs at every game. His cousins tell him he can't cheer for the Dawgs but he tells them that they didn't go to UF and he did and has the right to cheer for whoever he wants. I have seen him wear a UF shirt one time and like he points out it says "University of Florida" not "Gators" He is proud of his degree he is just not a Gator.

• Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They hate the Gators!!!

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Funny joke from 1999 when the Gamecocks were 0-11:

Father brings young daughter to football game and on the first offensive series it’s 3rd and 5. SCjr completes swing pass for 7 yards and a first down. The little 5-year old jumps up on the bleachers, does a rooster crowing sound and turns a cartwheel to the delight of everyone!

Nearby fan asks, “Wow, she’s really excited, What does she do when they score a Touchdown?!”

Dad - “I don’t know yet. She’s only been going with me to games for the past two years.”

PS this joke works well for Clemson’s offense this year!