Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The not-so-secret reason opposing coaches are in awe of the Georgia football defense

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageThe not-so-secret reason opposing coaches are in awe of the Georgia football defense

Georgia football has one of the best defenses in the country and opposing coaches know exactly why.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do think it's the overall team speed that sets this defense apart. There's always a few really fast players on every top rated defense.

On this defense forget about the few, everybody on this defense is fast.

• atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not only is this defense the best in college football, it is the most fun to watch! There’s no time for UGA fans to take a breather after kickoff. No doubt, we all want to see the offense do their thing, but the defense is just as entertaining!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a devoted Dawgs fan it’s Awesome to hear all this envy from opposing SEC Head Coaches. BUT as far as our players go Keep Working Hard guys !! Don’t buy into the Rat Poison !! Bring that Natty Trophy home, THEN you can chest thump and swag all you want to !! You sure will have earned it !! We fans are Very proud of you !! Go Dawgs !! GATA !!

• JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you are fast or really fast, don't bother coming to play for the Dawgs. You will be standing on the sideline with your helmet on your hip and losing all your snaps. Now if you are fast or really fast with a great motor and desire to get better every day, please come to UGA. You will have the time of your life playing football here!!!

• Rsan11Rsan11 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Defense is looking great so far. I do believe that Muschamp has more input on the defense than what is being said, which is a good thing. It seems like the defense is pressuring the QB a lot more than in the past, which I believe has something to do with Muschamp.

• BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great job DAWGS keep up the hard work and bring one home for the Red & Black

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"we all want to see the offense do their thing, but the defense is just as entertaining!"

Copy that!

· 

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I do like a good defense and I really love this great one! The JUNKYARD DAWGS are back. GOOOO DAWGS - WOOF, WOOF, WOOF

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe has something to do with Muschamp. - Rsan11

This D may just be better on its own, due to everybody knowing their positions. But I think it has a lot to do with Muschamp also. I remember the 2012 Gator defense, which was also #1 in the Nation and the big reason UF was #2 in the rankings when we upset them, with a really low score. Hopefully Muschamp continues to get the DBs better, because we'll need sterling play from them from here on out.

Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA has three of the best defensive minds in college football....is it any wonder UGA's defense strikes a pause in opposing teams? Then they play and the pause is confirmed. After watching big Jordan Davis reverse his flow under double coverage pressure after the UAB snap and chase down that UAB QB running for his life in the opposite direction, left me in utter awe. I have viewed it numerous times....! This guy is UGA's biggest tackle. Amazing.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It would be great for the defense to rebound this Saturday and hold Vandy to no score.. If you read between the lines of what their HC said, I believe he thinks they have a better game plan than SC did against the Dawgs. I hope the Dawgs prove that he is very mistaken.