Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Blog: Georgia 7, Vanderbilt 0, First Quarter

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Brock was my son as soon as the plane landed in Athens we'll go ahead and put his name in the transfer portal

• Options

Why didn't we play Justin Fields like we play Bennett?

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2021

Asking for a friend. I'm taking the over of punts in the 2nd half with Kirby on the sideline. It is set at 6. SMH.

BTW- that is just UGA punts.

• Options

It should would be nice if we can get one of our future quarterbacks some reps instead of letting them come in with the third and 4 team guys. Hopefully now that Bennett has scored his debt is paid and we can go ahead and get in somebody else

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m confused by this… the kid 80+ yd on 5 touches with 3 TD and he’s played MAYBE 2 quarters worth of snaps. I’d be thanking Kirby if he was my son.

• Options
    RationalDawgRationalDawg Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman
    edited September 2021

DDavis0777 - I think Dogman 912 is referring to Brock Vandergriff.

Dogman912 is a troll trying to stir controversy. If he really followed UGA football he would know that Brock Vandargriff is from Oconee County, GA - just 20 miles from the UGA campus.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options

......and by being 20 miles from campus there would be know need for a "plane to land in Athens"!

• Options
  • Options

And right on time let's develop our young quarterbacks by having them hand the ball off

• Options

Hey buddy I'm not a troll trying to start controversy. I've been a fan for 40 plus years. You have to develop the future Stetson Bennett is not our future. Let's just hope this doesn't come back to bite us later on in the year.

• Options

Remember that national championship game? Remember what Alabama did during the season when they developed that second string quarterback? Remember bringing him in and he was ready to play football? Yeah yeah remember that? Bennett is not our future you have two talented young guys who could have really used this blowout game to throw some passes not just hand the ball off in the fourth quarter

• Options

Okay, get it now. You meant BVG not Brock Bowers. I just read it after BB scored again. My bad!

• Options

If you can check the history I said the same thing about Jake fromm when another guy was sitting behind him we all see how that turned out. One is the first round draft pick and one's on the practice squad guess which one we kept? Remember when Clemson made their run and beat Alabama their coach benched a returning starter and gave their freshman quarterback a shot. I have nothing against Bennett personally but we have to develop those younger guys especially in a game like this. We know what Stetson Bennett can and cannot do.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2021

I am so glad I was wrong about this.

BTW- can UGA get Edward's more touches earlier in the game? Next year RB room is going to be more then ok.

Edit: just watching that last drive from the 9. I kinda feel bad for Edwards some. Having to run in this game when everyone knows kirby is going to do nothing with the young qb's but hand the ball off with 11 man fronts. SMH.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options

Been a fan since I saw my first game as a child in 1967. Double Dawg - C's 83 and 87.

I'll trust the judgement of the coaches who see the players everyday and know how to manage personnel.

• Options

Keep an eye on the 4th quarter watch what our quarterback is going to do now hand the ball off all game now. you tell me how is that helping that kid develop as a passer he needs to be thrown in the heat of the battle and make mistakes right now.

• Options

And so you're telling me you don't see anything wrong with wasting playing time on Bennett when you have two young gunslingers who need that time to get themselves prepared to possibly play this year or next year. Yeah I love Kirby as a coach I remember coming on the boards and asking for him when everybody thought that it was impossible because he turned down the job defensive coordinator job when Mark was the coach. But he has a problem with a quarterback situation he will create a quarterback situation out of thin air and we are watching it yet again.

Been a fan since I saw my first game as a child in 1967. Double Dawg - C's 83 and 87.

I'll trust the judgement of the coaches who see the players everyday and know how to manage personnel.