Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football heavily favored over Arkansas in Top 10 showdown

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football heavily favored over Arkansas in Top 10 showdown

ATHENS — Georgia football has opened as an 18-point favorite over Arkansas in next Saturday’s noon showdown at Sanford Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

18 points for a 12:00 game?

I wonder what the line would be if they knew the Arkansas QB and Receiver would be 100%? I hope both teams can come in close to 100% healthy. Will we get to see Darnell Washington and Tykee Smith?

GOOOODAWGS!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Clemson has proven to be the most overrated team in college football this year. This is a bit amazing as it is usually ND.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100% or not these two clubs are going to be physical. Forget all the "rat poison", this will be a war. Pittman really wants to beat his old coach.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, I'm not a betting man or I'd bet on Arkansas to beat that spread. My prediction is that it'll drop to 10 pts or even 7 pts. This isn't going to be a blow out.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm really surprised the spread would be at double digits right now. I figure it will drop some but still starting off at 18 points is pretty big for two Top 10 teams. But by 1 point or 100, whatever it takes to get the win. Go Dawgs!

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not surprised about the spread at all. If you carefully observe Arkansas, you'll see that their strength is in their running game. It just so happened that our strength is our run defense. That's the main reason why the spread is so high. If Florida doesn't change their offensive style, it'll be the same with them.

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We actually broke their souls when we played. The qb especially. They never recovered mentally. AND they never play anyone until the playoffs. We live rent free in their collective heads and everyone on their schedule can thank us.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope Darnell Washington is back and at least some semblance of his pre-injury self. He is valuable in many ways but setting aside the fact he’s a wonderful target for Daniels to throw to him and Fitz could pair up to help open holes for our running game. Those two are almost like having two extra Olinemen with their size and strength. And again we’ve seen how hard he is to bring down when catching the ball. I also hope Tykee Smith is very close to. Need all hands on deck to beat this hungry Ark team !! Go Dawgs !!

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What people haven't mentioned is that Kirby knows how Pittman schemes his O-Line run attack and has a plan to attack it. Their number one QB is not going to be anywhere close to 100% as he could barely walk after he was injured against A&M. I am a little shocked at 18.5 , but it should be somewhere near 12-14 points.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Arky makes their bacon(pun intended) by running the ball first. Guess what they aren't gonna do against us.....run fro 200 or 300 yds. They are gonna get down 14 and have to rely on throwing the ball and they aren't good enough, accurate enough at the QB position to do it. There QB was under 50% completions last week. That ain't gonna cut it against us. If the completes below 50% against us they lost by 28.