Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stock Report: Young Georgia football stars cash in on broken Vanderbilt program

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageStock Report: Young Georgia football stars cash in on broken Vanderbilt program

ATHENS — Kirby Smart didn’t spend much time handing out accolades Saturday afternoon in Nashville, or Georgia might have missed its return flight home.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

How about a "Stock up" for Kelee Ringo who provided very tight coverage viewed from my armchair QB position?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's be honest, we keep JT and the frist string out there and we score 90 points.

Yeh, Iagree with the early pull of JT costing him anther couple of TD throws to pad his numbers. THen again if he goes down with an injury and the score is 42-0 when it happens, Kirby would never hear the end of it. Also, all the fans on the boards would be screaming about getting the back-ups playing time, and rightfully so. It is what it is.

I'm not sure why, but the O-line seems to have more trouble blocking for Kenny Mac. I would wager that he gets hit in the backfeld more than the others by a lot.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are hard counts a surprise to the OL? Not sure how the QB is responsible for the 3rd string (or lower) jumping in a situation that every QB takes part in.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw a comment praising Kelee Ringo below. He does seem to be making progress but still seems to want to play inside technique on the boundary WR. On 2 consecutive plays in the 3rd(?) Q he jumped the route. Once was a nice pass break up on 3rd down. But the previous play he jumped the route before the ball was thrown and the WR was behind him. The QB went elsewhere but Ringo heard about it from his DB coach as the play was on the UGA sideline. It is on film and I expect Ringo to start seeing some double moves. It is much easier to react up when the play is in front of you than to recover back when the WR is behind you.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was the OL on the 3rd and 4th and one that could not open the Vandy defense. McIntosh and Cook ran into a plugged Vandy wall. I hope our 1st team can first create, then keep those holes open against a far superior line at Ark. Overall, UGA was playing in a scrimmage against Vandy. I believe the score could have been close to 100. Vandy simply surrendered toward the game's later stages.

Smart has called on the fan base to show up en masse mean and loud against a surprisingly strong Arkansas ensemble. He knows how Pittman can motivate his team. To me, personally, A&M did not look like a #7 team.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stock Even: Georgia's net scoring defense.

Holding steady at 0.0 PPG.

• JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's face it, Vandy could not win their own intramural tournament. What a waste of good looking uniforms. Feel sorry for this new coach. Pictures of him on the sideline looked more like he was at a waiting room at the ER and not a college football game.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The OL is going to have to be much more physical against Arkansas especially if we get to 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 situations.😎

• Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Daijun Edwards. This dude is our toughest and maybe best runner.