Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart, Nakobe Dean explain why the Georgia crowd must be an advantage against Arkansas

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart, Nakobe Dean explain why the Georgia crowd must be an advantage against Arkansas

Georgia players and coaches continue to implore fans to show up and be ready to go on Saturday as Georgia takes on No. 8 Arkansas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So important, as it usually is, to get off to a fast start. This game will be a real test for our run defense. Arkansas is going to try and pound it. Hopefully get a couple of quick turnovers, get points off of those turnovers and let the defense “hunker down”! Dawgs 31-14! Go Dawgs!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

PLEASE make Sanford Stadium extremely loud Saturday when Arkansas has the ball, and when we do great things! Turn it up, my Dawg brothers and sisters! Let's do our part and help out our guys. Look, I know y'all are going to represent, this is just a friendly reminder! 😁

REPRESENT DAWG FANS!

GO DAWGS!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to hear Sanford Stadium rockin' and rolling Saturday like never before! Rest your voice Friday, and lose it Saturday! Let's go, Dawg fans! Turn it up!!! You can soothe your throats afterward with tea and honey! 😁

GO DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

College Game Day being in Athens this weekend should motivate and help with the fan turnout. I know what it's like to try and get up, get ready, and get to the stadium to watch a noon game. It can be tough, especially if it was a late one Friday night. HOWEVER, all you fans and students need to shake off the hangover, fix yourself a Bloody Mary, grab some fried chicken & biscuits, and head on down to the stadium around 10:30 or 11.

AND BE LOUD!!! GO DAWGS!!

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby is asking the fans to show up and be elite on Saturday. Why don't him and the athletic director stop scheduling or accepting these noon kick off game. I don't track Alabama, but do anyone know when the last time Saban teams played a noon game on ESPN with the Game Day crew in town. My personal opinion is that elite teams do not play noon games. They play at prime time, especially when Game Day is on their campus. Fans are just starting to get their tailgate on at noon. The Georgia Florida game is the exception with tailgating before noon.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The early time is no excuse because Arkansas is in the Central time zone so our noon start will feel like 11:00 to them. Please don’t let our team down with poor early attendance and low intensity. It’s great that College Game Day is at UGA, but does that mean our students will be leaving the Game Day festivities at noon and not in the stadium until 12:30 or later? Bummer if that’s the case. Go Dawgs and arrive early.

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

It’s a travesty that we are playing the #8 team at noon! What are we, the BIG 12? Is that what it is going to come down to in the future?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha, um, yeah sure. You DO KNOW that Bama played Arkansas last year at noon, right? Plus those 3 games in 2019 at noon???

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, it needs to be restated that this should be an advantage for us. We have the advantages of being at our stadium and prepared to play at our stadium plus being in EST vs CST.

I'm hoping for a blowout, but I'm certainly not expecting one. We will need every advantage we can get.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirkhilles, I am glad you did some research and found out how many times Alabama played noon games. I do appreciate that because I would have never looked that up. My question to you....Was the GameDay Crew on campus for those games? By the way....Georgia track record for noon games indicate they tend to struggle with lesser opponents, so why schedule them or accept playing during that time. I support Kirby plea for the fans to be in full hype form.