Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Potential Georgia football-Auburn game times, TV networks announced for Week 6 game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imagePotential Georgia football-Auburn game times, TV networks announced for Week 6 game

There is now a game time and TV network for the week 6 Georgia football game against Auburn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll be pretty pissed off if it's noon. That will not work very well for me this year.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3 straight noon kickoffs. Even Vandy doesn’t have that.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

What the Hell is going on with CBS? UGA is the #2 team in the country and these jerk offs are taking a wait and see approach for the UGA AUB game? We are the #2 team in the country in college football and we still this season have not played the prime 3:30 CBS game yet and this match up is the 6 game of the season...half the season .

This is total BS...Where is our Athletic Director on this? Once again UGA always plays the Yes Sir man when it comes to doing what the SEC (Alabama head quarters) office strong arms UGA into accepting in return for absolutely nothing but a smile and I told you we could get those fools in Athens to bend over once more.

For once UGA stand up and demand a 3:30 game next week and say he'll no to three in a row noon BS kickoff.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

South Carolina and Troy get a 3:30 kickoff this week on the SEC network while a matchup of two top 10 teams is relegated to a noon kickoff.

I realize the networks pay mightily for the right to own the NCAA, but this system is broke! It’s only going to get worse when ESPN takes over the CBS 3:30 time slot.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Regardless of what our AD says/does it's 100% that CBS will air the game that generates more viewership. With Alabama v A&M and Arkansas v Ole Miss on the same day you can't really blame them for not committing until they see how each of these 5 teams performs on Saturday. Both of those are nearly certain to be more competitive games than UGA v a-likely-unranked-Auburn. The 3:30 game is not meant for the "best" teams.... it's meant for the most competitive SEC match-up. It's really a compliment we haven't been in this slot yet . You'll definitely get your coveted CBS game in October (cocktail party) though so maybe just cool your jets for a few weeks on pointing the finger/berating the UGA administration?

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Long-time Kirby Smart nemesis Gus Malzahn??? Not since Kirby arrived in Athens.

• rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Auburn will have to pull off an upset at LSU to have any chance of grabbing the 3:30 time slot. Doubt it happens but I also didn’t see Arky beating A&M this last week. The 12pm time slot is probably favorable from a crowd noise perspective though.

• troublemakertroublemaker Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Another "12 Noon" kick-off should not be tolerated by UGA fans! This almost screams of some type of "media bias"! The only thing worse is if we get "pre-pubescent 13 year old boy" sounding Beth Mowins on the coverage! I'll listen on radio! Larry Munson, where are you son? Please come back to us ... we need you now, more than ever!!!