Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media declares Arkansas will be ‘Georgia’s biggest challenge to date’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageNational media declares Arkansas will be ‘Georgia’s biggest challenge to date’

Georgia football has a big game on Saturday against No. 8 Arkansas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KBPKBP Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Defensively Clemson was no pushover and while their offense is struggling right now, that was a tough win to start the season. I won't argue against what the national media is saying about this game but I will push back a little about Arkansas's physicality on offense. I'd still give our D-line a clear edge against any O-line in the country. We didn't recently get good against the run because of our scheme, we've been that way for a while because of those absolute "STUDS" on the D-line. I don't believe they will be able to control the game by running the ball against us and if we make them one dimensional, they are toast because of our unbelievable pass rush. If they defend our receivers with man coverage and as well as our O-line pass blocks, there's some more toast. If we don't turn the ball over, we'll win by double digits. I love Coach Pittman but he'll take a "L" this week.

• KBPKBP Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could be a bit tougher if Pittman serves up a 3-8 defense. Then UGA would have to go to the running game and check downs. Things could get interesting. Pittman likely believes our RBs are good but not break away. UGA is good at the RPO game. That is how Stetson handled them in his last go with them. JT can leave the pocket but is not the runner Stets is. Hopefully, it will not come to this. JT is a great QB and reads defenses well. But, he has got to be comfortable with leaving the sacred pocket. Ark. has a strong D-line. They will pressure him. Cannot say for sure what The Pitt-man will do..he is sneaky....knows the UGA team and Smart pretty well. But it comes down to the players getting it done on the field. That is UGA's strength.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Razorbacks are a run first, throw when things are going well in the run game kind of team . THey have one receiver with really good numbers. Shut him down, even if you have to double team him and stop the run and it will force them into unchartered territory. Game plan is always stop the run and make them have to throw. THeir QB can run outside the pocket but I believed he got banged up some last week. He's a big kid, I would spy him with Tindall. THeir RB's are all avg. over 5 yards per carry. Again, stop the run, this team isn't going to just lineup and beat you with the pass.

In looking over the stats of the teams they have played and who those teams have played-what jumps out to me is that when Texas, Texas A&M , and Arkansas played "lesser opponents", sometimes they (I wouldn't say struggled because I don't know how those games played out,) but I will say, they didn't blow out anyone, like UGA has.

Needless to say they haven't played a defense or an offense as good as ours. Go DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Agree. I do think Pittman will go with a 3-8 type defense. He did that much of the game against the Aggies and was able to disrupt and sometimes sack the Aggies QB with just 3 guys. Their D line will be a handful against our OL that is still trying to gel. Also, their QB is a load to handle, a decent passer, and a very capable runner. We'll have to have eyes on him every down. He made some big runs against Texas A&M and big throws. Daniels will need to be moving around and may be forced to quick passes and slants if the pocket quickly crumbles. I'm thinking Kirby and Monken will go with a similar offensive game plan that they used against Clemson - anticipating a good rush and occasional blitzes. The game will be won or lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Turnovers could decide the outcome as well. If we can get the run game going with some consistency then I think that will force Pittman to change his strategy and pull more guys closer to the line.

If the Dawgs get TE Washington and Smith back on defense I will feel better, but in any case, if we play our game and continue to minimize penalties and mistakes we should win the game. We have better talent than Arkansas all the way around. But they are a very confident bunch right now. We'll definitely need the crowd to be the 12th man!!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What team scored a TD against UGA defense besides SC? The TD that UGA gave UAB was an interception, so the offense yielded the TD, not the defense.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spying the quarterback is a great idea. I don't think that Arkansas has played anyone with the speed of our linebackers especially Smith, Dean and Tindall.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1 am I to read your comment as you believe UGA has played better trams than Arkansas?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, the "National Media" always states the obvious, so yeah... in hindsight and at this stage of the year, playing #8 is going to be a "bigger challenge" than the almost-unranked #25 Clemson. But, of course, after the game they will say differently... if we beat them solidly.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2021

We need a wr to have a breakout game they’re gonna pull out the 3-8 just like Clemson and double Brock

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is going to be fun. Our defense is Stout, Physical and Tenacious. Nuff said!😎

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@stone @reddawg1 am I to read your comment as you believe UGA has played better trams than Arkansas?

Not exactly- Texas A%M and Texas are certainly better teams than Vanderbilt and UAB, although I think UAB would give those teams a good fight.

What I am saying is that the margin of victory all of the above teams have had against Loisiana, GA Southern, and New MExico hasn't been our equal. And I don't even think those lesser teams have been the equal to our lesser opponents.

FOr example Arkansas beat Ga Southern by 35. THat sounds like a good trouncing right? But when you consider Ga Southern got beat by a team called Garnder-Webb by 5 points and Gardner -Webb lost to Charlotte by 28 then you have to start thinking Humm! How much would UGa have beaten Ga Southern by?

HEre's another head scratcher- Teas A&M beat New Mexico by 34. Sounds like a good whipping. But when you know that New Mexico lost to UTEP by 7, who was beaten by Boise St by 41, then you might go HUMMM! How much would UGA have beaten New Mexico by?

One more for the road- Texas beat Louisiana by only 20 who beat Nicholls St. by 3. Who is Nicholls St.? Memphis beats Nicholls St. by 25. Memphis lost to the San Antonio Road runners by 3.. Think UGA might have beaten Loisiana by more than20? I thinks so.