Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Arkansas: Live updates, injury report, practice news for week 5 game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Arkansas: Live updates, injury report, practice news for week 5 game

Georgia football hosts Arkansas this week in a matchup between top-10 teams.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, here we go, if you want to be elite, then you have to play like you are elite.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe Washington may see some playing time which bodes well for our passing and rushing attacks against Arkansas. I loved Pittman when he was here, but we need to beat the heck out of the Hogs on Saturday. If we win by 17 or more and Alabama struggles against Ole Miss we may move up to #1.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hello, Matt Luke...you there? Here is your chance to upstage your predecessor...Sam Pittman. Have heard very little from Luke this season. His OL has not been what I thought it would be...some say it is mediocre play by the RBs, others that the OL is still not settled, and simply cannot overcome the better SEC defenses...Vandy the exception...maybe UAB as well. Well, that pivotal game is finally here...Arkansas. Let.'s see some major RPO hustle and run blocking. I suspect Pittman will stack the box against the run as all teams have tried to do. JT should have a huge numbers day. The OL must stop Ark. line penetration and protect JT. Must! Ark. is motivated like no other SEC team ...they cracked the top ten from way down the rankings. They are for real...but so is UGA. If UGA can field some of the erstwhile injured, it should be a wider point spread. UGA tops out talent-wise. They should (and will) take the win.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm fine with #2.

Actually, all I care about is being the best possible Georgia team every week in the Saturday game. The rest will take care of itself.

Rat Poison? Let it go to the Elephants. They can eat their fill.

Go, Dawgs!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, we can almost field a complete offensive unit from the injury list. Hard to tell what any of this means, though, except for the ones already declared "out." Trying to figure out why Arian Smith can't overcome a bruise from two weeks ago. (Arkansas' QB bruised his knee Saturday. They slapped some cream on it to numb the area and he was back in the game a few series later). Why can't our guys push through like that? I hope Washington and Tykee Smith FINALLY play this Saturday. When they got hurt in August, their injuries were supposed to be "day-to-day" things, according to CKS. We've now played 33 percent of the season and they've yet to see the field. Unfortunately, Jacksaint not playing won't be a great loss. He's been surprisingly unspectacular so far this season. And as for Blaylock, I'm beginning to doubt if that kid will play at all this season. It seems that with him, there's always something. (Meanwhile, Florida's backup QB tweaks his hamstring and two weeks later, he's back at 100 percent). (Thank God for the emergence of Bowers and McConkey). Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Hopefully some of those "questionable" guys will be upgraded to "probable" by the end of the week. Washington, TSmith, Blaylock, ASmith and MRJ all need to start getting some game reps. Time for all hands on deck. I can't believe no one asked about JTD's health! He looked good vs Vandy but none(?) of his passes were more than 10-15 yds from the LOS. 2-3 questions about running back production and pecking order (by people w/an agenda) but nothing about the progress of JTD's injury. IF JTD can't throw deep the Ark umbrella D will be even more effective. Looking forward to the Ark RDE vs LT Salyer. That guy was unblockable vs aTm. Made the LT tap out from abuse. No spot for BJones so Salyer will have to play most of the game. That backup Ark QB is scary fast. Deion Sanders/Mike Vick fast. I think I'd rather see KJ Jeff. Spy him and make him beat you w/the pass.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like every other game on our schedule, the Dawgs will certainly out talent the Hogs. Turnovers are the great equalizer when teams are out talented. We have had some balls on the ground this season that fortunately bounced back to us. We can’t have turnovers!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

I haven't seen enough of Tykee Smith yet to have an opinion but I trust the coach's assessment to date. I truly hope his deployment will have a strengthening effect on our DB group.

But the thing with Darnell Washington returning to the game time turf, I hope he's hale and hardy enough to assume where he left off when he was injured. I would imagine that our remaining opponents have well noted Mr. Bowers' success so far this season. Without Darnell's return they would undoubtedly be planning to key on him to try to nullify his effectiveness. So, with Darnell available again, that removes the likelihood of deploying that strategy.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK this will be a good test to see if we are truly elite or not. I don't think Arkansas could go into Tuscaloosa and seriously challenge BAMA. I think BAMA would win by 24. Anyone disagree?

So, if we are truly special this year(and I believe we are) then we win by 24, or more. Of course we have to not have turnover and all the yada, yada, sayings.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

I wouldn't disagree that that's a reasonable possibility, but wouldn't take it for granted either. And I certainly wouldn't say this Georgia team is not elite or special if they fall short of a hypothetical standard put forth in an internet comments section. I mean, are you ready to pack it in and hope for next year if we only win by like 14 or 17?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome! Welcome back!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

E-ROc - "I wouldn't disagree that that's a reasonable possibility, but wouldn't take it for granted either. And I certainly wouldn't say this Georgia team is not elite or special if they fall short of a hypothetical standard put forth in an internet comments section. I mean, are you ready to pack it in and hope for next year if we only win by like 14 or 17?"

All of the comments are just just opinion. I go out on a limb maybe compared to more negative thinkers on here. I have been saying for months "This is our year!" We have the ability to be elite. I think we can approach something like Bama had last sesaon and LSU had the year before with our offense once everyone gets healthy. I don't see anyone stopping us. We can (have the greatest show on turf type of thing (possibly.) The sky is the limit. Of course we have to play all the games(they're not won on paper) and do all the little things in order to reach our potential

Maybe I have too much optimism for some on here. But if we keep winning and getting better and better, just remember, I was here first.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I totally disagree. Arkansas' strength is their run/option game. That's our defense's strength. However, as you can see from the Florida game, Alabama had alot of issues with it. If Bama's defense doesn't improve and continues to play like they did against Florida, Arkansas will put a hurtin on them.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

I wasn't trying to accuse you of negativity. You asked if anyone disagrees that Bama would definitely beat Arkansas by 24. (I add "definitely" because that's essentially what you're asserting. Otherwise it's just a mere possibility that you're throwing out there, and obviously no one would deny that that's a possible thing that could happen.) So I responded with an opinion of my own. It's great that you believe in this team. I'm just saying I don't see the sense in judging whether they're elite by whether they beat one top 10 opponent by enough touchdowns, based on a comparison to another team's hypothetical result against the same opponent.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

You must be clairvoyant @UGADad20 , in your questioning TWO DAYS AGO of JTD's health. Turns out he is trying to nurse an injury, and it may be bothering him more than we're being told. Which is perhaps why we didn't see many long throws from him on Saturday. I think he's one play from being out of the game, which is why Bennett is getting so much playing time. We all know that Kirby has never given this much love to a backup QB as he has to Stetson (remember that at the beginning of last season these same coaches told the kid he wouldn't play AT ALL for Georgia and our quarterback room was less talented then than it is today), so I think that right now with JTD, they're taking it series by series. Hope he can last the season. Go Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sure not a medical professional but I think if I were KS I’d just let JT do purely walk throughs until game time !! KS has said numerous times that JT is a student of the game and loves watching film, he knows the playbook thoroughly. Let him throw the ball in practice just enough to stay loose and other wise keep him using whatever rehab techniques to help him. With full respect to Stet and Carson for now JT is the man. If the Dawgs can get a W on Ark which I think is gonna be a tough contest. I’d try to as best possible build Big and Early leads on Auburn and KY and get JT out as soon as it’s pretty clear the games are safely in hand. Again if possible. During the Bye week let him work but under close scrutiny and hopefully he’ll be fully charged up and ready for the UF game. As I stated earlier Im sure not a med pro but I remember waaaaay back in my younger days weight lifting that certain muscles once injured REST is the only real answer. Keep working those same injured muscles just makes it worse. We need the Long Bomb version of JT back as soon as possible as the schedule gets tougher !! And No Im not saying either Auburn or KY will be pushovers, but Maybe we can get an Early & Big lead on them to rest JT. Go Dawgs !!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess I will be in the minority but I would just like a win no matter the score. Big margins are really about style points and identifying weaknesses