Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Injured Darnell Washington, Tykee Smith ‘have a ways to go’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Injured Darnell Washington, Tykee Smith ‘have a ways to go’

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart downgraded the likelihood that tight end Darnell Washington or defensive back Tykee Smith will see significant snaps on Saturday,

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From "full go" if had been needed for Vandy to probably not play Sat. against a far tougher opponent? "I'm still very hopeful they can both help us"...Smart. Tykee looks better than Darnell. At least Smart finally gave us an honest update. I do not believe you will see either on field Saturday. Just my opinion. Could be wrong.

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby can wear you out. I think I'll go back to ignoring what he says.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree... I liked roller coasters more when I was younger. Go Dawgs!

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m sorry, with JOHN FITZPATRICK stepping up?!?

Have you noticed #19 yet? His name is Brock Bowers.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Kirby just trying to keep Dan & Ark guessing ?? I Was pumped about the prospect of both these guys being back, then read this. Reading this makes it sound like the chances of them being back are thin. Am I reading that right ?? And I noticed it says Kendall Milton is questionable . I thought at least I could have sworn I read earlier post that he was probable. Lol I give up, guess we’ll know comes game time. I sure Hope Darnell and Smith will be back. Darnell with his size and strength could help open holes blocking for the run game in addition to him being hard to bring down after catching the ball. And if Smith is as advertised and I tend to believe he is, he could help shore up the Secondary which is much needed. Maybe KS just playing cat & mouse who knows lol ?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sort of with you guys about Kirby's injury updates, but I went back and read his comments about the players on Monday and he said then that while Washington and Smith were both a "full-go," he hadn't seen them practice yet and so he needed to see that to determine where they were. Judging from his comments on Tuesday, it seems that after seeing them at two practices, they aren't as game-ready as he had anticipated or hoped. As he said, he's hopeful that they play, but Kirby probably doesn't know if they will continue to improve this week or they regress to the point where playing them would be detrimental to the team. But they haven't played all year so it's not like we had been counting on them. Of bigger concern is status of Kearis Jackson and even Arian Smith. With Jacksaint likely out, we're REALLY going to be down at wide receiver. Need Burton, McConkey and Bowers (again) to really step up. Go Dawgs!

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

We are rice paper thin at receiver due to years of injury after injury after injury etc....

Utterly amazing we more than likely will never see a full healthy line up at this point of UGAs WR playing with JT on Saturday's during the 2021 campaign.

At this point we will be lucky to even get back Washington for even half the season...A.Smith is injuried every day of every year but is healthy running track, Rosemary is a bug of injuries it is looking like, Blaylock has not played in almost two years and at this point his return seems more and more stressed beyond returning and finally number 1 would be wise to support his teammates from the sideline and prepare for the NFL draft.

Imagine what this offense would be like with all of these dudes healthy...we could've only dreamed.

Oh. Notice how you don't see E.Gilberts name listed anymore on the injuried or out indefinitely list...Does Gilbert ever even play football again at this point? 2 years into college and this guy has huge question marks all over himself...

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, Gilbert just needs to be straight up and say "I'm opting out" or "I'm not playing college football again" or "I'm not playing football... ever". I'm sorry, but "personal issues" isn't a week-to-week thing. Why did you transfer if you weren't going to play a single snap? Is this just another Jamie Newman?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I think Smart shouldn't have used the words "full go", which is the problem. He has to know better - injuries are either 100% healed or they aren't.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you look back at that report, though, Smart says that they "are back in drills, they are doing everything this week full-go,” which is just about how he is practicing them. They weren't just running practice routes or wearing non-contact jerseys. They were practicing with no external limitations. Smart followed that comment up with "“[we're] under the expectations they will be able to play and help us.” He makes no claims as to their actual availability during the game at that point. Any such claims have come from reporters' wishful thinking with things being on a solid upswing.