Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cooper Manning weighs in on Georgia’s recruitment of his 5-star son Arch Manning up to this point

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageCooper Manning weighs in on Georgia’s recruitment of his 5-star son Arch Manning up to this point

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry shares a couple of details up to this point about Georgia’s recruitment of 5-star junior QB Arch Manning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Much ado about Manning.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, I think it's better just to wait and see how things play out. I mean, between this article and the main article on 247sports of how Thomas Davis is recruiting him to UGA and you would think that signing day is in a month, he was a senior, Transfer Portal didn't exist and we had lots of 5 star receivers and no good QBs.

Lets start by trying to keep Beck from leaving, giving Vandagriff experience and get Gunner signed.

I would be more excited if it were an unbelievable WR - we seem to have no problems getting the passing side committed.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Payton is in the HOF

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This story told us what, exactly?

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

The young man is an awesome qb. I hope he comes to UGA. But like his dad said like any other recruit, take your time and decide where you really want to be. It is so easy to leave college nowadays and transfer, just go to where you feel like you belong and enjoy your time. If you are a backup for a year or two, the nfl will still draft you in the first round.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Slow news cycle. Also…I thought he was a junior???

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just don’t see Arch coming to Georgia with the QB room we will have if Gunner comes next year. It will be very hard to keep Carson, Brock, Gunner and Arch happy and in the fold.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have a very good “QB room” which is the norm for top programs. The really great recruits don’t obsess over the competition because they are confident they will win the starting position. We will lose a few who couldn’t take the heat and stick it out. It’s happened recently in Athens and at Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. We can’t keep everyone happy and we need to keep recruiting and let the cream rise to the top. That’s how all the great programs succeed. Go Dawgs!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who ever is able to sign Arch will get a great talent, but don't hold your breath for him to come to Athens. Too many ties to Ole Miss and Tennessee. Then there is Alabama.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let him go to Ole MIss and get a couple of years under Kiffin and then Kiffen will leave eventually for fairer lands and he can transfer to UGA.