Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Further doubt cast onto injury status of JT Daniels before Arkansas game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageFurther doubt cast onto injury status of JT Daniels before Arkansas game

JT Daniels status for Saturday's game is a major question as he deals with a lat injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somehow, I'm not surprised at this. Injuries at Georgia often go from "he's fine" to "they'll be out for a while." We can win with Bennett, but we'll be on pins and needles the whole way. He'll try to do to much, which is what gets him in trouble. Our defense may need to score two touchdowns, as well as try and pitch a shutout.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unfortunately, no advantage in the uncertainty. I am sure they have plenty of film on both JT and Stetson.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe this may be more gamesmanship than anything. If it was bothering him prior to Vandy then why did he play in that game? I think Kirby just keeping them on their toes.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't care who the TV crew is, they don't really know squat about what's going on with the team. CBS is clueless, the other B and C team ESPN crews are the worst, and Herby is only a little better. I'm confident JTD is going to play tomorrow.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry @Ddavis0777, but CKS just doesn't operate like that when it comes to injuries. He may not tell you the truth about how badly a guy is injured, but he rarely will hint that a guy might NOT play if he knows that he will. I believe Daniels really is a game-time decision, based on his level of pain tolerance (which likely means he's going to be in some level of pain, regardless). As for the Vandy game, maybe last week he wasn't hurting as bad. And for all we know, he may have been OK this week up until yesterday or today. Let's hope that is the case and that he'll wake up tomorrow morning and be able to go. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

This whole situation makes me wonder. If Georgia loses to Florida, there is no path for the Dawgs to the SEC championship game unless FL loses another SEC game which is doubtful at this time. Are we trying, to make, absolutely sure, that J.T. is healthy for that game because its so important, and it's THE one we are in most doubt about winning. Are we so confident, that if he plays very little until that time, he will be still sharp enough to be at full potential. Is he REALLY HURT, or not, and we are trying to keep him from getting hurt.... Don't know.. But He (JT) has looked really sharp when he has played, much more so than the other guys. (I know, SB looked v. good when he was playing with 1st team starters vs UAB).... Just pondering out loud

• Options
    KirbyFanKirbyFan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

So Kirby Smart let it out that JT is hurt and will not play. The same man that doesn't even tell you if anyone is hurt. Makes a lot of sense, Right ?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Again, it is getting so I hate to click on Dawgnation stories anymore.....more bad news on JT. Yes, JT looks sharp in games, but he even admitted it hurts to throw. Smart has known all along. Now we hear the truth? Is this the truth?If so, Stetson better become the mailman on steroidds. That oinking D line will be on him all day. UGA will need his mobility. As for Beck, he is just not ready, IMO. Has not played enough in real time. Pittman's team has one of the better defenses. Some are saying it's Florida we need to worry about....tell me that late tomorrow afternoon....not now.

PS...I think Kirby will start Bennett and rotate JT in if Stetson gets in early trouble...or vice versa. I do not believe Jefferson was hurt that badly, and do believe he will start for Ark.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh the drama!

I have little doubt that a bruised knee or a sore muscle will keep either starting QB out of the game. Just a little before the game strategy by both coaches.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UGA66 if Daniels cannot go the it will be Bennett. I think UGA is fortunate to have him as the backup win or lose. Just look around the conference and no one has this depth at quarterback.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm counting on JT being there and winning this one buit I should point out, a previous comment mentioned Beck is not ready. That falls squarely on Smart and his staff for letting Beck in for a full quarter plus only to hand the ball off. When you have the opportunity to teach in a live situation, you take it. He was 1 - 3 in his last appearance but I maintain one of those was thrown perfectly but the receiver didn't turn. The ball hit him in the shoulder that, had he turned, would have been perfect.

Regardless, I think we wasted an opportunity with Beck at vanderbilt. Yes, Bennett is talented and fine as a backup/emergency QB. He can step in at a moment's notice and do what is needed but I'm sorry, I just do not see him as the big game starter. Down vote if it makes you happy but I want JT without question, and my future, that everyone was so high on before the season, as the replacement starter. And when we win, be that with JT or Bennett, that opinion will not change.

We wasted live game experience opportunities so that we could work on the run with our third/fourth string line.

• Options
    robertasmithrobertasmith Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Maybe they should just bubble wrap JT.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is getting tiresome. Couldn't this be treated with Advil and a massage table?

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT Daniel's at this point will be the starting QB for UGA next year do to his consistency of injury after injury week after week season after season.

and

His draft status declines every game and every quarter he his limited in and or doesn't play in

The 2021 season so far has been special even with the high amount of injuries this program has been besieged with. So, UGA fans should feel fortunate to have a solid back up QB in The Mailman going into the heart of our schedule and playing a high ranked opponent today in Arkansas Between The Hedges.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed. I alsothink CKS has wasted opportunities with Edwards. Having him run behind a 3rd or 4th string o-line and 3rd string qb. When the defense knows they are going to hand the ball off. And he still does pretty good. I think he should get a chance to play with the 1's, when a pass is highly likely. He runs mean and hard.

Just so sick of underachieving wbecause of injuries. I know they haven't as of now, but, defense wins this game 17-13, on the field for 35+minutes this week. Then continues next week, then the next week. Just will get worse as time goes on. I know I'm a debbie downer, but I just won't complete control of the opponents. With all the hype of this season, a loss can and probably will effect recruiting.

All these injuries are really hurting his draft stock. Is he too soft? I still think UGA should win this game, just because they can bring so much talent at you, but I just can't even handle close games. If JT starts and plays well, then I think UGA wins comfortably. My only worry is Kirby. Will he get up by 17-20 points and then play prevent offense and defense, just to not make Pittman look bad? I hope for the best for the Pit Boss, but just not today. Attack, attack and attack for 60 minutes and no slowing down. Let's be honest, the pundits all think the clemson game isn't much anymore, so let's see what they say if UGA beats Arkansas. Beat them by 30, as the movie says "leave no doubt".

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!