Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football recruiting: News, updates, visits and commitment info

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football recruiting: News, updates, visits and commitment info

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This brand new format of live updates about the big up-to-the-minute news each day will be a new feature on DawgNation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To impress the recruits on defense it would be great to pitch another shutout this Saturday.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

The interest in the UGA program is possibly at an all time high. CKS and staff do an excellent job showing prospective recruits that a genuine "team" and family atmosphere thrives at UGA. Recruits can achieve their educational and professional goals through the development they receive at UGA. UGA currently has 17 commits. A number of recruits are rated 3*'s (and most probably underrated). My understanding is that a team can take 25 recruits per cycle. Though that is not a hard limit with mid year enrollee's potentially counting against prior year numbers(?). UGA took 20 in the '21 cycle. So the question is, how many recruits can be added in the '22 cycle? I know that it depends on how many leave early/transfer/etc. Just wondering if they can take 8 more or less than 8. TWalker, LCine, GPickens, NDean, NSmith, TSmith, AAnderson(?) would all improve their draft position substantially by returning for another season. After last year Jordan Davis was not ranked in the top 10 DT's by draft insiders. This year he is rated DT1. One of the differences between Bama and UGA is many Bama players come back for that extra year.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thats allot of star power in town sure nuff !! I hope our Dawgs can put on a great show for them Sat. Make them See themselves in their minds being on that field as a Dawg !! If the fan base rises to KS challenge to be loud and proud early and all game long the recruits will be impressed with our fan base or should be. I hope this will be a Great Saturday for the UGA football program on All points. Go Dawgs !!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Dawgs put on the best show for these super stars. How about 37-zip! What a game it was. I hope all sign on to UGA.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That FSU situation isn't looking too good right now.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh cool. I went to Collins Hill.

Not sure how fsu is in a position to be locking down ANY commitment at this point. This'll be worth keeping an eye on.

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's more about being his home team, pretty sure a lot of his family went there.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even still. I mean I understand the draw on that level, and why that might be his starting point. But he's gotta know he'd be jumping on a sinking ship.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The 29th I said it would be a great for the defense to pitch another shutout to impress the recruits that would be in the stands today, and the defense came through and did it.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Same here. But, don't know how exciting the recievers/te's are about the lack of passing the ball around. I understand the game plan, (not super happy about it), but definitely understand it. I just hope the recruits understood it. If not, UGA could lose that portion of recruits. Hopefully not.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

"Same here. But, don't know how exciting the recievers/te's are about the lack of passing the ball around.".....Not sure of the point you're making Budknox......against Ball State The Dawgs threw to 12 receivers ! I know of no other D-1 team that "passes the ball around" more. The point is clear to any HS recruit.....you'll get the ball if and only if you are a play maker.....you demonstrate that ability everyday at practice. Our reputation of requiring every potential player to commit their heart and soul plus requiring every potential player to WORK at improving their skills and them being able to apply them in a TEAM setting to achieve the weekly goal of winning has gotten around.....and it ain't for everyone!

All this commitment does not go unrewarded.....every recruit just needs to pay attention to the NFL draft.....and I'm sure they do.