Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia QB D’Wan Mathis ties Temple record in win over Memphis

SystemSystem Posts: 10,499 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia QB D’Wan Mathis ties Temple record in win over Memphis

ATHENS — Former Georgia quarterback D’Wan Mathis had his breakout game at Temple last weekend in record-setting fashion as the Owls rallied for a 34-31 win over Memphis.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats D'Wan! Glad to see you are thriving under another good program. Keep it up sir!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Too bad he didn't finish the drill at UGA. I'm glad to see he has had some success at Temple. Go Owls beat Cincinnati.

• Options
    ClaytonStPhDClaytonStPhD Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

So what was the record he tied? Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see it. Picture caption makes me wonder if it was the largest come back but idk. Well wishes for you you Mr Mathis. Thank you for what time you did spend here.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to hear he's recovered from his injury as I posted earlier. Maybe that sparked the update. Congrats to him.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm glad to see Mathis is a starting QB and doing well in football and his health seems to be going good as well. I knew Mays would shine at Tennessee just as he did at UGA. I sure wish he was still wearing the red and black and wonder if he feels any regrets about leaving. Either way, best of luck to both those young men except for Cade on Nov 13th. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So happy for D'wan. He's getting an education from a good school and playing some good ball. Who knows how this might all turn out for him. I wish him the very best.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for Mathis. I wish it could have worked out better for him at Georgia.

• Options

His team actually got behind 17-0 and he led them back to a victory .

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brenton Cox, Jermaine Johnson, Kade Mays, Mathis. It's good to see those guys find success.

• Options
  • Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It all worked out for the best for D’wan. If he had not come to UGA, it is very likely the brain problem would not have been diagnosed until it was too late. Now he seems to be thriving at an excellent institution. Now I’m interested enough to watch the game vs. Cincy.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had high hopes for D'Wan at UGA but he is thriving at a very fine Temple program.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for D'Wan. I hope he can lead the Owls to an upset victory over the Bearcats! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dwan and his family deserve nothing but respect. They repeatedly expressed appreciation to Georgia and it's medical team. They handled his departure with class and character. I understand Dwan wanting to play and once JT was brought in and finally got well enough to play, he knew his opportunity would have to come from somewhere else. Unlike the fields and Mays family, the Mathis family kept everything respectful. However, I wish both of the young men the very best!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hooray for Mathis - I could care less about anything Mays does, for his family was treacherous in how they left.

• Options

I don't blame a son for the actions of his father. I also don't expect a son to turn against his own father over something like this.

• Options

Man this is old south ****. I don't blame an entire family for the actions or words of a family member. What's next, ''white trash'', ''wrong side of the tracks'' ? That sort of thinking was this region's version of a caste system for generations.

• Options

Owls have a guy who may be the fastest guy I've seen this year. THey've got some playmakers.