Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Georgia still a good bet on road, Kentucky-LSU has OT potential

SystemSystem Posts: 10,524 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Georgia still a good bet on road, Kentucky-LSU has OT potential

ATHENS — Georgia football has drilled every opponent it has played since the Clemson game by 27 points or more, but the Bulldogs are “only” a 15-point favorite over No. 18-ranked Auburn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I look for Arkansas and Jim Chaney to take down Ole Miss.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

27-10. Really Mike? You seriously have some disdain for the bulldogs. Based on these picks I’m beginning to assume you’re a Florida Fan.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One win over Missouri, and the Volunteers and their fans are feeling mighty frisky all of a sudden, talking a lot of noise about the possibility (some would say impossibility) of just having one loss when they face us in November, at home with the SEC East crown at stake.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll gladly take a 27-10 win on the plains any time, and especially with this being the first true road game in nearly two years. Auburn's defense plus the crowd noise are going to be tough tests. Every season there is that one game that defies logic, and it could easily be this week, so the Dawgs need to play with desperation like Auburn did last week.

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

"getting outscored by the Gamecocks 7-0 in the fourth quarter of a game"...you are just like Connor but with a different allegiance.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think KY might well beat LSU. The yellow & purple Tigers not looking to good right now. And I hope Ark beats Ole Miss and Lame Kiffin. Lastly I would readily take a 27-10 over the Warped Eagles but I Believe the Dawgs will do considerable better. Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

14 points is the most Auburn's scored in the last three years against Kirby's defense.

This is very likely the best defense Kirby's put on the field. Auburn's offense is light on talent on the O- line and receiver.

Demetrious Robertson goes to Auburn and starts, and even with all the receiver injuries, he'd still be no better than 2nd off the bench at UGA.

The Dawg's defense doesn't give up a TD. Dawgs 34. Auburn 6 - two field goals.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe one thing that’s being over looked here is, yes Daniels is likely out. But last year we beat auburn with stetson by a ton. Granted, it was in Athens, but I’d say this team is much better than last year and Stetson is better as well.

I want Daniels back at 100% ASAP, but our backup ain’t joe tereshinski either. I believe UGA wins by 21.

go dawgs

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike as I said in my comment, I’d gladly take a 27-10 win, and something along those lines might be where it ends up. I just Believe the Dawgs will do some what better. I could be wrong, sure wouldn’t be the first time. Really when it gets to where the rubber meets the road IF the Dawgs continue to chalk W’s the rest of the season very few people will At The End put a whole lot of stock in the score provided the Dawgs come away with the W. I guess if Auburn kept it real close the whole game Some folks would say Almost. But as you know Almost is only good in horse shoes and hand grenades !! I think your take was/is Reasonable. I just Believe the Dawgs D will smother them forcing Their D to stay on the field, get gassed out, then the Dawgs O will really lay it on them. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SmokeOnTheWater -- My allegiance is to me -- and to being as close to accurate as possible when picking games.

I used the fourth quarter example in picking the spread in UT-SC because Georgia clearly lifted its foot off the pedal and that game was not as close as the final score indicated.

Enjoy the weekend.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey Mike, I appreciate your keeping it real, and I'm encouraged that you think a 17 point win is on the table. Strange things happen sometimes, especially in rivalry games...anyone remember 1985 and #1 UF losing to #17 UGA 3 to 24? What an awesome game...but it can go the other way. As stated previously, I will take 27-10 any day on the plains, and let's hope you're not coming back on here in a few days to serve some crow for those questioning you as was the case with Bennett. ;)