Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Debating Georgia team MVP, future of quarterback position

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Debating Georgia team MVP, future of quarterback position

Georgia football takes on Auburn on the road this week for the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Jordan Davis and the entire Defensive unit..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Davis, Dean, Carter - in that order and no one other than Smith is even close.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Davis, but my answer will change if JT is a no go and the offense plays well while beating Auburn. In that case, it will be Stetson. Stet will have won three games. With JT injured in a year where a bad loss could effectively end the season and the chasm between the second and third string QBs being immense, Stet would be the player that kept the season’s goal of winning a natty intact while JT heals. Beck’s performance against UAB at home makes me shudder to think what could happen to our season if he were the next option after JT at a place like Auburn or any SEC game for that matter.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, to say anything other than Jordan Davis would be silly.

An interesting (not necessarily good) situation would occur if Daniels decides to stay because of a lack of playing time with his injury. I'm not sure if I'd root for that or not as it'd likely scare away Vandagriff + Beck.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone other than Brock as the long term future at QB is scary. JT is the best now . . . but, probably not next year.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, JT has helped the other QBs become better QBs. I have emphasized this before He has also helped the OL, receivers and backs, as a true leader, gel and synchronize. My concern is his being prone to injury. He seems to rolllout and play well then...we find out he is benched again with an injury. Stets was injured somewhat and recovered quickly or where would UGA be now...,my real concern? Beck? A raw recruit Vandagriff? I do believe JT will return, maybe by KY...Florida latest. Let's see what Stets can do against Auburn and his rival Bo Nix. If it is a defense scratch and claw UGA low-scoring 3-pt. win, we will likely know....IMO. So many variables. Stets may have a stellar game and win big...running and passing. Auburn I do not believe will be able to score much. Bo may slip one or two past UGA. Doubt it but maybe.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MVP so far is a tie between #99 and #17 on defense.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock's arm strength and powerful mobility gives him the highest ceiling among our QBs. When he'll be ready is anybody's guess though.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The defense has only given up 16 points. UAB intercepted a pick 6 near the end of the 4th quarter against Carson Beck for a total of points of 23. 4 of you so called writers and you still get it wrong.