Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What position did you play?

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love football and, even though I’m 47 years young, I still think about having my hand on my nose guards helmet, while looking to the sideline, translating the play to the huddle. I was an ILB in HS and a nickel back in JUCO, but couldn’t advance beyond that.

What position did y’all play?

Comments

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm 23. Started at RB and what we called rover which is similar to the star position. Career got cut short from 2 inguinal hernias and a herniated lumbar disk. Stuck to the weight training and now I compete in physique competitions. Miss it but glad I got to experience. I remember playing against Grady Jarret and he absolutely destroyed our QB lol.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QB initially but hieght killed me. Then moved to RB/Slot and Safety. Head hunting was a thing back in those days lol

• chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Free safety in high school until concussions started adding up. Became only a punter/kicker then. D2 all American punter. Invited to workout for Jets. Couldn’t cut it. Came awful close to playing in NFL.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

never played. my future was wrestling so I ran xc in fall to help prep for wrestling. wrestled in college at 133 so not like I would have been much of a football player anyway ha

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Offensive tackle and "nose guard" back in the day.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Played Safety.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I played nose as a freshman and LOVED it.

The game aint what it was. I was taught to lead with my forehead and strike the ballcarrier in the face.

I miss the ‘crack” sound on a good hit.....

Wrestling takes work and discipline, I had a better jumper than work ethic as a kid.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Center forward or wing :D

@Bigcalidawg said:
    I played nose as a freshman and LOVED it.

The game aint what it was. I was taught to lead with my forehead and strike the ballcarrier in the face.

I miss the ‘crack” sound on a good hit.....

Wrestling takes work and discipline, I had a better jumper than work ethic as a kid.

The crack sound and the celebration afterward--you wanted to put the hurt on every play.

• ChinaStreetChinaStreet Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2017

I am 25. I was mainly a basketball player, but I did play my senior year. I played TE and WR. We ran a spread so I lined up in the slot a lot. I played at Plant High in Tampa Florida. Some of you who have been following recruiting for a while now might recognize the name of that school.

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Guard and dt through high school

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

center and de until knee injury ended my football days

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ChinaStreet said:
    I am 25. I was mainly a basketball player, but I did play my senior year. I played TE and WR. We ran a spread so I lined up in the slot a lot. I played at Plant High in Tampa Florida. Some of you who have been following recruiting for a while now might recognize the name of that school.

Did you play with Murray?

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4 yr starter at qb
    3 yr starter at safety
    1 yr Div 2 strong safety
    3 yr div 2 rugby (transferred out) flanker and 8 man

@bmauldin said:
    4 yr starter at qb
    3 yr starter at safety
    1 yr Div 2 strong safety
    3 yr div 2 rugby (transferred out) flanker and 8 man

I played four years of soccer in high school - fullback. Played a little rugby for fun in college.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4 yr starter, hold 2 hs records baseball

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2017

3 sport letterman..... SS
    Age 43