Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 questions: Auburn writer Tom Green reveals ‘new dynamic’ under Bryan Harsin

SystemSystem Posts: 10,539 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
image5 questions: Auburn writer Tom Green reveals ‘new dynamic’ under Bryan Harsin

ATHENS — Auburn football is getting fired up in anticipation of rival Georgia coming to town for a showdown on The Plains Saturday afternoon at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn's weaknesses are UGA strengths. The UGA defense will prevail. Stetson Bennett will have to provide the points through the offense. Harsin will try to thwart the UGA running game..little doubt. If the OL performs a reprise of last week...no problem.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Their zone defense is terrible and they play man anytime they blitz. Stetson is going to dice the tigers up 8-12 yards at a time. I see lad and Brock having big games. Really the whole receiving Corps as we will be ready and willing to take what they give us and I believe they’ll do a somewhat reasonable job of containing our RB’s. I don’t think it will be flashy, just efficient - death by 1000 cuts type deal where we just start laying it in em in the second half after a low scoring first half. I see like a 13-3 at half turning into a 34-6 by time clocks hit 0:00.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

The key for UGA on offense is a simple, probably unsatisfying mantra to many: "Take what they give you."

So many commentators in football seem to think that a team has to have a defined "system" to be successful. It's not sexy to throw for 350 yards one week and then to run for 280 yards the next week.

Teams are supposed to do everything evenly all the time -- just ask Auburn OC Mike Bobo about "balance on offense." If a team is going to pack the box with 8 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, why pull a James Coley and run the inside zone handoff into the middle of it?

Todd Monken gets it -- if they give you the medium and long passing game -- like UAB did -- take it. If they give you the underneath stuff and you are struggling to run the ball -- as against Clemson did -- take the underneath stuff. If they put 5-6 guys in the box -- like Arkansas -- then jam it down their throats. If they make adjustments to take one thing away -- like South Carolina did eventually -- then do the other thing. And if they are completely incapable of stopping anything, they are Vanderbilt -- just name your score.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Except for the one half against Georgia State they've been great against the run?

I just think the Auburn fans are kidding themselves at what they perceive as their chance to upset Georgia...I've seen it, it's real.

Could it happen? Sure. But if our team shows up ready to destroy their OL like I've heard that's what Kirby has been saying, they will be all ready to go.

Neither Auburn nor LSU did looked good last week. Auburn's win over Georgia State was much closer than the final score indicated.

Am I concerned? Of course, but the seniors on this team know what people are saying about this team, particularly the defense and what that means for their NFL prospects. I don't think they want to take any chances on that.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All we need to know about Auburn’s ability at OL to tame our front seven is OL Coach Will Friend. Friend was the beginning architect of the unmitigated mess Kirby inherited on the OL. Less talented front sevens at UGA have feasted on Friend’s OL while he was at TN. Nix had better leave his cleats in his locker and bring his track shoes. He is going to be helpless and running for his life to keep from being devoured by the beasts that are our front seven!