Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former UGA player: Mark Richt ‘saved my life’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer UGA player: Mark Richt ‘saved my life’

Former UGA standout Tra Battle said he was down and despair after retiring from football, and drove to a nearby bridge in the Athnes area to end his life.

Read the full story here

Comments

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is very touching, and yes, although lots of folks were not happy with outcomes here at UGA regarding wins and losses, if I had a son who wanted to play football, I would love to have Mark Richt as his coach!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Testimonials such as this about the recovery of a former player and the prayerful aid given by a former coach should always be displayed and set as an example of how a program should be run and the relationships developed through such.

Wonderful story, Mr. Carvell!

• MikeConnellyMikeConnelly Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I played Mighty Mite football as a raider and redskin. My tailback: Marc Richt. He hung out with a geeky coach, George Stratton, and ALWAYS helped other kids. We were 8-9-10 years old … and in three years of junior-high football, we N E V E R lost. Killed all the snobby Boulder (CO) Junior Highs.

I became the youngest sports editor in Denver Post history based on that foundation of determination and caring for others.

Marc moved in 10th grade; still my brother!

No Lap Dances on his resume. Just God, Family, Team.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

say what you will about Richt as a coach in big games or lack of player development, but Mark Richt as a PERSON makes ANY University or organization proud. Richt is very classy, doesn't have situation occur like Urban Meyer.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dude, grow up and get your head out of your butt. What a narrow view of the world you have!

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

FSU declined and Miami fell apart after Mark Richt left. His wife had cancer and now he has to deal with Parkinsons. I could never hear enough good news about Coach Richt.