Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football report card: Bulldogs pass road test with 34-10 win over Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football report card: Bulldogs pass road test with 34-10 win over Auburn

ATHENS — Georgia was facing its first true road test of the season at Auburn on Saturday, and Kirby Smart said he couldn’t have been more proud of how his players held up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game for the dawgs today. Agree with all of the grades except coaching:

Coaching should have been an A+. Look at how many offensive positions have backup players in them and we still beat the spread by a td at auburn!

I don’t care if it’s CBD, ivermectin, or Granny’s soup we gotta get healthier. Imagine what we could do if we were 100% on offense! Not a shot at the guys who are playing now because they are warriors out there. Ladd looks like Wes welker.

go dawgs!

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I give SBIV a lot of grief, but he played well yesterday. Gold star for him.

Starting to think a Jordan Davis for Heisman should be a thing. He is clearly one of the most dominant players in CFB this year. I certainly don't think there are any QBs that stand out. Desmond Ridder as maybe the new front-runner? The Texas RB, Robinson, should be battling Jordan Davis for the trophy.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh, and coaching should be an A+. When Auburn called timeout with 41 sec left, SBIV tossed a dime into the endzone on 4th down in a "f*ck me? No, f*ck you!" moment. All Robinson had to do was look for the ball and it would have dropped into his arms. Couldn't believe the receiver - he just ran hard and forgot why he was running. At any rate, I loved that call and it showed that CKS will play nice until it's time not to play nice.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That pass was a dime! I’m beginning to wonder about Robinson. He needs to step up his game….. yes he’s young, I get that…..but between drops and missing that pass come on man!

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fantastic TEAM win. UGA won in all phases of the game. The team quieted the crowd with the dominating play.

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

seems to me Zeus had a rhythm going in the 2nd half. Other backs did as well to some extent. Not sure what you mean by rhythm, but within the short windows they had (1-2 series before a sub) it seems they did fine, especially in the 2nd half.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with the grades. I hate all the injuries but love seeing all the young guys like McConkey, Bowers, Jones, and Mitchell stepping up and executing at a high level. Depth is always a concern when injuries start piling up, and these youngsters are doing their part.

GO DAWGS!!

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty successful game, Dawgs pretty well dominated as the game went on. It's interesting how little air time the game got on the wrap-up shows. No highlights, no mention of specific plays or players. Just a good, workman-like win.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wouldn't give coaching an A-, as the start of the game we were too concerned with Nix running like he did against LSU. We are at our best when we have "Controlled Chaos" and let our 4 and 5 star athletes be athletic.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

RB rhythm? Monken runs 1 RB play for all the backs. The dive play up the middle. Everyone in the stadium including the AU D knew what was coming. Pretty difficult to get in a rhythm (or break a run) when you run the same play over and over into a D that knows what is coming. THEN UGA has 3rd and 2 inside the 6(?) and calls a pass (incomplete) and kicks a FG when he had 2 downs to get 2 yrds. ???

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GhostMunson. Keep showing that you don't understand reading comprehension. Safe to say I have been playing/watching football longer than you have been alive. 3 FG attempts including 2 in the redzone showing that UGA still leaving points on the field. Not a problem yesterday but still some head scratcher play calling. The good news is that UGA doesn't have to be better than the '19 LSU or '20 Bama teams. They just have to be better than everybody's this year team.

• GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand reading comprehension perfectly. Same play huh? Look at how we block those “same plays” differently and say it’s the same play. Just because it’s an inside run doesn’t mean it’s the “same play”.

Who cares how long you’ve been watching or playing football? Doesn’t mean you understand the X’s and O’s. Assuming you actually have been watching for longer than I have been alive.