Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Auburn coach Bryan Harsin: Stetson Bennett ‘good enough’ quarterback for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAuburn coach Bryan Harsin: Stetson Bennett ‘good enough’ quarterback for Georgia

Auburn coach Bryan Harsin kept it simple when assessing Stetson Bennett’s play for Georgia on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson Bennett showed bobo nix how a QB should perform.. GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“ Go Dawgs! Great win!”

paraphrasing Coach Harsin

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bo Nix is still upset about what he perceived to be a PI in the end zone. Tissues for this Boo-Hoo loser.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson's stats were better than Bo's. Stetson recorded UGA season's longest run. Auburn Coach Harsin was also right when he said, "when Stetson throws he does fine." He lacks the finesse of a JT Daniels is all. Who can say differently about his performances...Stetson is winning every game. He is good. He will have to continue to be good as Kentucky is also without a loss...but not the caliber team UGA is. They are a quick team. UGA will have to slow them down and contain their running game...QB included. UGA should win this one going away. UGA's defense is far too strong for KY.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Severe punishment to listen to Harsin. Glad that our coach does not drone on.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Execution is everything.

Auburn just got executed. Bo Nix hasn't figured it out yet but his coach has. From the little we saw of him at the end of the game, I suspect Bo's backup is a better quarterback that little johnny football.

I'm not sure how good anybody is beyond good enough to win. Bo Nix is good enough to win style points. Yeah, I don't like him. He's not my idea of a good sport.

Stetson on the other hand is the prototype.

Auburn might have won the game with the Mailman under center. He inspires confidence. His mechanics are perfect. He has touch. He gets the team in the right play every time. He's accurate. He runs very well. Oh, and unlike Bo Nix Stetson runs north and south.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

The reality is that only losers complain about the officiating.

You can figure out what this means about Bo Nix.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

3 to 1 run to pass ratio shows that you can win in CFB with a run heavy O when you play very good D. 5* Nix was described as "frantic" by one of yesterday's announcers. Nix was throwing fastballs on every pass. Many uncatchable. Put 2* SBIV brain in Nix's head and you might have the best QB in CFB. Drops by DRob. Some in critical situations. Ladd McConkey 3* 5-135 incl 60 and 45 yd catches. "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra.

• Options
    edited October 2021

Robertson showed exactly why he is no longer a DAWG.. I don't see how he was rated as a 5* recruit out of high school. Has bricks for hands, not a good route runner, and I don't see the elite speed that everyone in the media harped on during his recruitment.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There was no MAJIC on the Plains yesterday. Bo couldn't pull a rabbit out of his helmet like he did at LSU. The QB that played for the BARN on their last drive showed better basic skills of understanding football. Nix tries to imitate Johnny Manziel too much.

• Options
    edited October 2021

As much as I dislike Manziel, nix will never be half the QB Manziel was. Auburns backup QB ( TJ Finley) is much bigger (6'7 245 vs 6'3 215) a better athlete, and a better QB than nix, he just lacks game experience. I wouldn't be shocked if nix is relegated to being a sideline cheerleader their next game, and watches TJ take his starting job permanently..

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well... he's sure better than Bo Nix.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His speed was insane out of high school. I remember watching an all star game that had D Rob and Mecole Hardman. And D Rob looked way better at the time. Once he got hurt at Cal he just hasn't been the same. He's a decent WR, but not much more. I'll be shocked if he has an NFL career.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Seems like some serious sour grapes coming off the Plains, between nix and harsin.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

You obviously haven't been on this site when the Dawgs lose a game...or maybe you have.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've heard all I can stand about if the auburn receivers hadn't dropped passes the game may had been different. Bull feathers! Players drop passes because of tension, the pressure of the moment and the defense that distracts them from the moment the ball is snapped. That's why Auburn dropped the passes they did, and it makes my heart happy. GO DAWGS!!!