Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

AP Poll Top 25 rankings Week 7: Georgia football officially the No. 1 ranked team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,537 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAP Poll Top 25 rankings Week 7: Georgia football officially the No. 1 ranked team

Georgia football came in as the No. 1 ranked team in the Week 7 AP Poll Top 25 rankings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a refreshing change to see a totally revamped Top 5 and mostly revamped Top 10.

I can't believe I am going to say this but Kentucky is the best team we have played so far this season. They are peaking at the right time and believe in their program. Their QB Will Levis is a tough, mobile, and smart QB. He was 14/17 for 145 yards and 3 TDs yesterday while also running for 75 yards on 11 carries (and 2 TDs). Their defense is stout and their O-line can do the job. And remember, this same team beat the Gators last weekend (and the Gators barely lost to Bama).

Like Bill said in his article, the Dawgs are 'resilient' when you look at all the injuries. But I'd rather look at all the young players who have stepped up and delivered for the Dawgs in place of those injured. It's been a wonderful sight to see! Let's focus on the Cats and take it one game at a time.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kentucky is 6-0 for the first time since 1982. ? Announcers said the last time they were 6-0 was 1950! Just saying!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Penn State was on its third string QB or Iowa probably would not be #2. Cincy is good but not #3 good. All I can say about OK is that their fans have no fingernails left to bite. The records are what we go by...mostly...so it is what it is.

My prediction is that UGA will not walk through KY. UGA will win but by less a margin than Auburn. The defense will win the day...again. The Mailman better get rested up.....he will be asked to deliver some big packages next weekend. And, he will do just that. He says he had a "blast" playing against the Tigers. Well, have another "blast" my boy. Take it to KY as well. I love Stetson's attitude. He has much improved the mail delivery and is very mobile. Good RPO. I do not know much about JT and his future play date. Likely Florida. He could re-injure that lat easily. CKS says he is now throwing without pain. And he is not mobile...so he fires from the pocket generally and accurately. However, if Stets is winning...keep it up.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs have a lot of areas to polish, but number 1 ranking seems warranted. 2 through 4 are just surreal, though.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I don’t know where some sources get their info but this is the first time they have been 6-0 since 1950. It’s been a while. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Edit, just Connor wrote the article. That explains everything! Go Dawgs

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's what worries me the most. Is Kirby going to play it close to the vest again and speed the game clock up, by running, running and playing a slight prevent on defense? Just to avoid turnovers? Hopefully we avoid them. Really need to. But, they can't play like that. This is the same team(with a better qb), that lost to UGA last year, but punished the defense. With 10-12 minutes more of T.O.P. All the defensive injuries that happened in that game, I still think cost them the FL game. Kirby has got to keep attacking on defense to get the ball back to our offense. Winning this game is huge, I know, but needs to win it while maintaining healthy players. Winning by a score and game style like last year, could hurt the goals of this season. Especially if injuries pile up. So being aggressive on offense has nothing to do with 80 points. It has everything to do with maintaining drives and getting 1st downs. Still has to score though. But not 7 play, 75 yard drives in 1:30. Slow, steady and punishing. Like the 4th qtr against auburn, just with more points. IMO.

GO DAWGS!!!!!