Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following big win over Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following big win over Auburn

Georgia football picked up a 34-10 win over Auburn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good point Connor about our home schedule turning out to be an exciting one this year. Who would have thought at this point we could lose to Florida and still win the East, but a loss to Kentucky would likely kill those hopes. This is an unexpected huge game for both teams…..and we are only at the midpoint of the season. A loss to Kentucky means we would need to run the table to just win the East while the Wildcats would need to lose 2 games and they only have Vandy, UT and Miss State left on their schedule. On the flipside, a win for the “home team” Saturday puts us in the driver’s seat. Go Dawgs….sic em!!!

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

What have I been telling you nay-sayers about Stetson Bennett and Kirby's decision to play him over Carson Beck? I told you, Stetson is a very talented QB, who has clearly proven in the UAB game that he is the second best QB on GA's team right now...and would be the starter at many other good football programs. And Kirby's decision to play him over the other back-up QBs was the absolute right decision. We're trying to win a National Championship this year. You nay-sayers desperately wanted to get Carson Beck and other back-ups game experiences, to prepare them for the future, not bothering to think that if JT sustains an injury and can't play, we would need the 2nd string QB to be at his best. You also said that Stetson Bennett was trash and can't win against quality teams. This game against Auburn just proved how wrong you were. I hope you all can at least admit to that. Y'all owe Stetson Bennett and Kirby Smart a huge apology, for the way you've been trashing them.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Biggest Loser is Bo "Boo-Hoo" Nix. Somebody please give that boy a box of Kleenex.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly so.

The Bennett Badmouth Crowd was not only insulting to our quarterback but also to Kirby Smart.

Where would we be without Stetson? I am so grateful Kirby brought him back to Athens and he decided to stay. He had every reason to leave and every opportunity, but made a decision which has paid off big time for him and for our football program.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was mentioned in this article that Stetson sidestepped a question him permanently taking over the QB position. It was the last question he took in his post game interview, and you can see him almost smirk about it like it was a ridiculous question. These guys are totally bought in this year and you can tell they basically resent all these pot stirring questions that are trying to drum up some “QB controversy”. Him and JT appear to have a good relationship, both are engaged, and supportive of each other.

This whole team has a feeling of letting the chips fall where they may during the season in regards to who plays and how much, and we’ll settle who stays and goes in the off season. Right now, they are bought in to trying to bring a championship to Athens. A lot of these guys have set aside their desire to be a star, and to be fair, a lot of guys we have could be “the guy” on many other teams, to do whatever their role is to help this team whether that’s scout team, special teams, being a bellcow at a position, or playing 5 to 10 snaps a game. It’s been a beautiful thing to watch especially in a time period where it’s difficult to build a true team atmosphere.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Correction, uga hasn't lost to auburn since the 2017 regular season. Please proofread, second day in a row Connor.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

@ChewDawg...valid point about Stet. But, from my standpoint here is how it unfolded back right before the UAB game. Kirby adamantly names Beck as the #2 QB...saying that multiple times the day before the game. On game day he starts Bennett instead. So what are fans to think? Say one thing and do another? Why give conflicting info to your players? I simply did not like the WAY it was handled by Smart. I think that's why a lot of fans were upset back then. Honestly, I could care less who he started in place of JT. I just want the best QB option possible out there. I also thought against a team like UAB and naming Beck as the #2, he would give Beck the start. A good game to give the youngster some playing time and hopefully confidence.

From where we sit today, it becomes clear why Bennett is the #2. And I'm all behind that decision.

• Options
    ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

He just said Beck was #2. He never said who the starter was before that game. They already knew Stetson was starting early that week, so Beck was the #2 because JT was out of the equation.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the season continues as is, this will be a season to remember through the ages. I was a young twenty-one when we last won it all. Doing it again this year this year would make this now hoary-headed disabled veteran happy.