Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Georgia quarterback JT Daniels ‘hasn’t been able to do a whole lot’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,048 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Georgia quarterback JT Daniels ‘hasn’t been able to do a whole lot’

ATHENS — JT Daniels continues to be limited in practice, but the Georgia quarterback has made some progress in the last week, according to Coach Kirby Smart.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like the mailman is going to have to deliver at least one more week. Sounds like JTD is slowly returning to normal, but I figure he'll have to be able to throw up to 50 yards (at least) on consecutive days, without swelling and soreness, for them to feel comfortable. Hopefully, if we can get through this week, he'll be able to get healthy during the bye week. Fingers and toes crossed. Go Dawgs!

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What the heck kind of "accidental hit" puts you out of service for 3 weeks to a month?

Hoping this is just more "Kirby talk".

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby speak “He hasn’t been able to do a whole lot,”; “Right now I’m making sure that we have a healthy quarterback and keeping our quarterbacks healthy"; “He got to throw a lot on Monday, so Monday he threw 30 or 40 balls and he got upwards of 30 yards, felt pretty good, took some snaps, " ; “Today (Tuesday) he probably didn’t do as much, so he was a little more limited, he took some snaps, threw the ball some.”; “We’re going off Ron’s protocol,” Smart said. “He has him on a pitch count …."; “We check and see if he swells or has any soreness after it, and the good news is, he hasn’t had any soreness for the last two days, not extensive soreness, and we were able to go back the next day and continue to get some (reps).”

Translating Kirby Smart when he's talking about JT Daniels is impossible. I wonder what Kirby's response would be to a question like "Coach Smart, JT Daniels has a sore oblique muscle. How long are you going to keep him out of action, when many people with this discomfort use Advil, rest, a heating pad, massage therapy and drinking lots of water to treat this version of muscle soreness.? Are we missing something?"

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have you really not followed this at all? With any legitimate depth, I mean. It’s been pretty-well noted, here and across multiple sports writing sources, what sort of recovery time and treatment a grade 1 lat strain may involve. There is no quick fix.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This subject has been traveled over like a rutted GA road. This weekend Kirby will let us know at game time who will start.

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't feel like I learn much from Kirby's injury updates.

I'm not sure why you feel one way or another. I've come to think Kirby speak is not very useful in figuring out how injured players are progressing. I remember in August he talked like Blaylock might play in game one.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This has become ****. I am so tired of all the games being played, whether by Kirby or by the rabble-rousers on DawgNation (speaking of the staff).

Goodness, people. Do you have a stake in who plays QB on Saturday? Do you have money on it in Vegas (where you can bet on the time of sunrise)?

Do you think JT Daniels is faking an injury solely to hurt his draft stock, because he's a self-destructive psycho?

Do you think his muscles are defective? Oh, are Dak Prescott's as well?

The guy has a muscle injury - most likely caused from compensating for the oblique pull. He's not the first and won't be the last. Check: MLB pitchers.

My goodness, Saturday can't get here soon enough. It's like UGA practice: the game is a lot easier than practice. Same on-line.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unfortunately JT’s durability will definitely impact his draft stock. I was hoping put out a full seasons sample size for NFL scouts but that is not the case. Hopefully he will get well soon.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT can pass no more than 30 yards, he’s not close. What we should be hoping for is that Stets stays healthy and injury free. Should he go down against KY, our season could be on the line. Any time a team such as KY is totally outclassed in talent, turnovers become the great equalizer. I have no confidence at all in Beck to run the offense based on his awful performance against a totally outclassed UAB team.