Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SnoopDawg

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    how easy it is to rile up the foolish.

Give more detail

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

It's easy to get someone up in arms when that person is weak of mind.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugaforever said:
    This is a ghost VPN. I can come back under a new name anytime I want.

Get his a.s.s out of here now, we don't need nor want the negative nelly mofos in here!!! He's just here to stir s.h.i.t up.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

It's easy to poke a wasp's nest with a stick.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

I'm not for sure who you are calling weak of mind, please elaborate more!

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

Guess it was the smart way for that dip s.h.i.t not to respond.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

I figured it was the smart way not to get more involved in this internet argument, but I'll go ahead and respond since I'm being insulted. I assumed that my statement was relatively easy to understand, but I didn't take into account the weakness of mind in those reading it. The point of trolling, i.e. whatever @ugaforever is doing, is to rile people up and get a reaction. Trolls think it's funny/satisfying to piss people off and make them respond a certain way. It's called "triggering", and it's quite funny to the immature. People who see through these kids' intentions don't give them what they want. Ignore a troll, and he'll eventually go away. After all, what's the point (for a troll) of spending your time DVing someone's comments if there isn't ever a response? People who are too foolish to see the purpose behind trolling give the trolls exactly what they want. These people get upset and triggered by trolls and make a big deal out of it. This is why trolling exists: to laugh at those idiots. Obviously everyone can agree that @ugaforever is acting like an immature child by trolling, but some other users on this forum have encouraged him by making a big scene out of it. At this point, it's obvious that the troll has gotten exactly what he wanted and probably had quite a few good laughs. "Calling people out" and "defending yourself" is the justification that some users have cited for doing this. Unfortunately, having you "call him out" is exactly the attention that he was looking for. This is what trolling is about. The Smart Way to handle a truly unbearable troll (which actually doesn't describe @ugaforever ) would be to privately message a mod.

In review, I think anyone who gives attention to a troll is foolish. In light of that, I choose to no longer be involved in this argument: it's more of exactly what a troll would want.

Enough already. While your last response is thoughtful to a certain extent, that is “still” your interpretation. There’s only so many ways you can keep spinning it. I made my point, & you made your opinion. I get it, this is the internet and some people like to play pretend and Mr. know it all behind the screen and keyboard and act like nothing in the world ever bothers them. If that’s your prerogative, so be it. That’s none of my business. I’ll do me and you do you. With that said, I’m done trying to defend myself on here, it’s obviously pointless. At least we can all AGREE TO DISAGREE at this conclusion. This $hit should be water under the bridge by now. Let it die bro.

I agree, which is why I didn't respond until I was called a dip s.h.i.t. for not responding, lol...

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

@greygoose01 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

I figured it was the smart way not to get more involved in this internet argument, but I'll go ahead and respond since I'm being insulted. I assumed that my statement was relatively easy to understand, but I didn't take into account the weakness of mind in those reading it. The point of trolling, i.e. whatever @ugaforever is doing, is to rile people up and get a reaction. Trolls think it's funny/satisfying to piss people off and make them respond a certain way. It's called "triggering", and it's quite funny to the immature. People who see through these kids' intentions don't give them what they want. Ignore a troll, and he'll eventually go away. After all, what's the point (for a troll) of spending your time DVing someone's comments if there isn't ever a response? People who are too foolish to see the purpose behind trolling give the trolls exactly what they want. These people get upset and triggered by trolls and make a big deal out of it. This is why trolling exists: to laugh at those idiots. Obviously everyone can agree that @ugaforever is acting like an immature child by trolling, but some other users on this forum have encouraged him by making a big scene out of it. At this point, it's obvious that the troll has gotten exactly what he wanted and probably had quite a few good laughs. "Calling people out" and "defending yourself" is the justification that some users have cited for doing this. Unfortunately, having you "call him out" is exactly the attention that he was looking for. This is what trolling is about. The Smart Way to handle a truly unbearable troll (which actually doesn't describe @ugaforever ) would be to privately message a mod.

In review, I think anyone who gives attention to a troll is foolish. In light of that, I choose to no longer be involved in this argument: it's more of exactly what a troll would want.

Enough already. While your last response is thoughtful to a certain extent, that is “still” your interpretation. There’s only so many ways you can keep spinning it. I made my point, & you made your opinion. I get it, this is the internet and some people like to play pretend and Mr. know it all behind the screen and keyboard and act like nothing in the world ever bothers them. If that’s your prerogative, so be it. That’s none of my business. I’ll do me and you do you. With that said, I’m done trying to defend myself on here, it’s obviously pointless. At least we can all AGREE TO DISAGREE at this conclusion. This $hit should be water under the bridge by now. Let it die bro.

I agree, which is why I didn't respond until I was called a dip s.h.i.t. for not responding, lol...

Ok I got you. Yeah man I’m not on here to start no crap with ANYBODY, seriously that ain’t the type of person I am. And I’m sure others really aren’t either. But my old man always taught me to never back down from nobody, especially when they put you down. I know that point is kinda hard to get across on here, but y’all get what I’m saying. All I wanna do is get along with everybody I can, talk about some amazing uga football, and drop in for some inside recruiting scoops. Conversating with others and sharing our football thoughts and ideas is freaking awesome. That’s what this place is all about right, and I absolutely love it. $hit just gets interpreted and twisted easily here on the internet sometimes, and the record just needs to be straightened out. Truth be told, we’re all fellow brotherhood here (except for the trolls) with an insatiable appetite for our dawgs. Am I right? And yes there are times we’ll all eventually run into a slight disagreement here & there with others. Fingers will get pointed and tempers will start flying, that’s just the nature of the beast. And I’ll agree I’ve probably sounded like a hothead at times here lately, but frankly it takes a whole lot of poking to make me blow my fuse, and you’re right, the troll finally did it. I’ll just try to bite my tongue a lil harder next time. Cheers...

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

And yet you felt the need to input your thoughts into the situation anyway.

Also, I hate it that it relegated to name calling, but didn't you get on here first and start calling people "weak of mind?" I don't think that pedestal is as high as you think it is.

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

I shouldnt have called you that and I apologize. I didn’t understand why you felt the need to call us weak minded. Guess I felt insulted and handled it poorly. We all know what he is trying to. With all the censorship on this board you would think admins would control trolls better.

• CFPTitle_DawgCFPTitle_Dawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    My guess as to why he isn’t here anymore can be summed up in this thread. Every single post turns into a kiddy fight over a comment or a soap box tangent on DVs.

Let’s make this board great again

Hmm... the more recruiting heated up to the first finish line, the less he appeared. Too busy with his day job? Or maybe corporate HR found him, sigh

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

I shouldnt have called you that and I apologize. I didn’t understand why you felt the need to call us weak minded. Guess I felt insulted and handled it poorly. We all know what he is trying to. With all the censorship on this board you would think admins would control trolls better.

I shouldn't have insulted some of y'all originally, my bad. I thought it was funny at the time but now I see that I was contributing to the negative attitude. Let's move on.

Dilly dilly.

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@JRT812 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Give more detail

I shouldn't have insulted some of y'all originally, my bad. I thought it was funny at the time but now I see that I was contributing to the negative attitude. Let's move on.

Thanks and water under the bridge. Merry Christmas!

• Southern_BrandSouthern_Brand Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why do y’all care about DVs so much? Goodness.