Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia defensive back Tykee Smith reportedly suffers torn ACL, out for 2021 season

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defensive back Tykee Smith reportedly suffers torn ACL, out for 2021 season

Just as Tykee Smith looked to be getting back onto the field, his season now appears to be over. According to a report from On3′s Palmer Thombs, Smith suffered a torn ACL in practice this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

what a disappointment for him and the Dawg fan that expected him to be a major contributor, Hope he recovers well, and gives uga a chance for next near for his abilities to shine, into the guy who was expected. Go Dawgs,

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another injury to an already injuried player that was on the mend ...How the F$@? does this even happen?

Good God it's always something even in a hope filled special season so far for our Bulldawgs

At what point do these injuries to key players put a roadblock into our season?

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 266 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is baffling we have so many injuries at various positions on both offense and defense. I can only chalk it up to a run of bad luck, I guess, but hopefully such doesn't continue. At least some freshmen are getting valuable experience and will be ready to step up come the SEC Championship, and playoffs should injuries not stop us from reaching our goals. GO DAWGS!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh No !! Aw Man I feel so bad for this young man !! And the team. Lord please help him to heal fully and quick and help him to be able to keep his head up through this horrific situation. Man just as he was getting back from the foot injury. Prayers lifted for you Tykee. I’m so sorry this happened to you.

Starting to think they should just teach the playbook from a classroom. Then have walk throughs with the players wrapped in heavy layers of bubble wrap from the top of their head to the tip of their toes !! What in the world is it with All these injuries ?? Just purely bad luck ?? Is there some kind of safety precaution being over looked ?? I know, I know, football is a hard contact sport, people are Gonna get hurt. But goodness gracious I’ve Never known of this many injuries at UGA or any other school that I’ve ever read or heard about. I know they get after it really hard in practice but this is just phenomenal in a Bad way !! Not mad at anybody and I’m sorry for the sarcasm, just very disappointed for ALL these guys out for the season and those who have or will miss most of it. Just a sad thing for the individual player and their family and the team. I’ve Really got where I’m nervous to come on here and read !! Might see yet another injury !! The slogan has been next man up, but at this rate there won’t be any left !! 😢

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saying it for the umpteenth time: When it comes to UGA football, it's ALWAYS something. It's why I check DawgNation and other sources virtually 24-7 because I just expect these type of announcements. Seriously, does any Power 5 team in college football have as many season-ending injuries as the Dawgs this year? I really don't think so. And we seem to have more guys with torn ACL's than any team around, too. Hoping some of these freshman DBs can step up and step up quickly. Go Dawgs!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate it for this young man. Hope he makes a full recovery and is better than ever.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

**** that sucks.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, Kirby could go back to the Richt days of having few contact practices during the week for fear of injuries and have a soft football team or continue with the “next man up” mentality. Personally, I hate the injuries, but I have to admit, Kirby’s way is working. We are half way through the season and we are not scoreboard watching and hoping our East competitors lose so we can somehow back into the SEC championship game. I got so tired of that scenario that I shudder just thinking of going back to those days!

With all due respect and no sarcasm to you I don’t think Coach Richt’s players were “soft”. I could write down a very lengthy list of players that Richt had that were Far from soft !! Also early in his tenure Richt won Two SEC Championships and What Dawgs fan can be Honest and say that had the Playoff System been installed in Richts first 10 years, Especially the first seven He and his teams might not have won a Natty ?? I don’t think Any Dawgs fan with an Honest assessment could say that No Way Richt would have won a Natty had the Playoff System been available. In fact quite the contrary he may well have won One perhaps even Two especially early in his tenure. YES the second half of Richt’s time at UGA was not as good as the first half. And I’m Extremely glad that Kirby Smart is the HC at Georgia. But I don’t see where there is any connection at all between the current rash of injuries relating to a thought that maybe Richt was soft. As I said earlier in one of my comments I’m not mad at Any one. And I certainly don’t Blame Kirby. It’s just a terrible run of injuries. I think I would were I him and his coaching staff and S/C guys Investigate the players footwear, the condition of the turf both indoor facility, and outdoor, and techniques in warming up and techniques in practice just to Make Absolutely Sure that something isn’t being over looked. By accident. I’m very confident that no one on the UGA staff is deliberately letting guys get hurt. And I’m also very confident that they GATA every single practice and that’s a good thing. But perhaps some minute little thing is being over looked by accident that’s contributing to the cause of these injuries. Because pretty much everyone Even Kirby are saying they’ve never seen this many injuries in such a short period of time. No sarcasm or disrespect toward you. But Coach Richt did pretty well with the level of resources He was afforded from UGA when looking at his whole body of work, And taking into consideration there was no playoff system during his time.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate this for Tykee and the team. What a real bummer after missing half the season with a foot injury. Hopefully both our transfers (Smith and Kendrick) will elect to play again next year. Go Dawgs and good luck with your recovery Tykee.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 391 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yup, sounds about right! Theme of our season, get well Smith!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kentucky, and even Florida, would be thrilled to have our 2s and 3s as their starters. (Alabama... that's another matter.) Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on back guys and improve your draft stock. You will in essense be getting paid while playing at UGA. Sorry for your injury.