Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Where Georgia football, Cortez Hankton go next after Luther Burden commits to Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageWhere Georgia football, Cortez Hankton go next after Luther Burden commits to Missouri

Cortez Hankton missed out on Luther Burden on Saturday. But the Bulldogs should still be fine at the wide receiver position thanks to Hankton's eye for talent.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Perhaps the miss of Burden wouldn’t sting as much if the Bulldogs had a better idea of what they had in sophomores like Burton, Blaylock, Arian Smith and Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint.

I don't understand that statement. Are you saying the staff does not know what they have in Burton, Blaylock, Arian Smith and Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint? How can they not know what they have in those guys? Do you mean in light of their current injuries? They have all produced especially Burton and Blaylock.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, that's really impressive of McConkey. Ranked as #1,167 and the 169th best WR in the country and being one of our top receivers in our #1 Ranked Team as a FRESHMAN. Congrats kid, that's pretty darn tough to beat.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bring in a transfer like BAMA did with Jaymest.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree completely! Of course, he's young and I wonder if he thinks that he can singlehandedly turn that team around. Hasn't he done that in high school for his team?

I know his family wants to watch him play, but wouldn't it mean more if he played for a team that would actually win games and contend for championships?

If he's only of a few of Mizzou's playmakers, wouldn't that make it more likely that he gets injured?

Youth is to be appreciated, but guarded because so many of these young men receive so much bad, but well intentioned advice.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's hope Luther Burden become a burden to Mizzu with a late flip back to UGA.

Nonetheless, I am high on Cole Speer!

I hope Joplin is far enough away from the old turf.

Istand corrected. Not that it matters.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think @KBP, the writer is looking at the relative inconsistency and lack of availability of those four. Blaylock produced his first year, but now he hasn't played in two years. Will he ever be the same player that he was before he was injured? Same for Arian Smith. We know he has speed but he wants to run track, too, which takes away some of his focus from football. Combined with his injuries, coaches are wondering, what is this guy's ceiling? Rosemy-Jacksaint was a zero, in all honesty, until he caught fire in the Florida game last year. But he got hurt in the first half of that game and now he's been hurt most of this year. Again, much like Blaylock, coaches are asking themselves, will this guy be fully healthy again and will he play at a top level when he is? As for Burton, I would agree that the coaches know what he can do and they're happy with him, but even when he has been healthy this season, his production still hasn't approached his breakout game last year (I think against Mississippi State). I mean, in all honesty, Ladd McConkey has played better and is the more reliable receiver right now. So, I'm sure that has given the coaches reason to pause and say to themselves, "we know Burton is good, but just HOW GOOD is he?"

And remember, folks, coaches don't just see what these kids do during a game, but they're evaluating them from the actual game tape (which shows flaws that we casual viewers miss), hours of practice, film study, attitude and even their classroom study habits. All that said, I would love for us to pull in another highly-rated receiver, either through recruiting or through the transfer portal. All of these 3- and 4-star kids aren't going to be the next McConkey. Go Dawgs!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

get outta here with your facts and figures. We want a high profile high end WR! We attract the best at every position except WR.