Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett: ‘We have to get better’ after 34-7 win over Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Stetson Bennett: ‘We have to get better’ after 34-7 win over Florida

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Stetson Bennett was the first to admit that he didn’t have his best performance, but the player known as the “Mailman” will tell you all that matters was Georgia delivered another win.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A big win today, no doubt. Great team effort from the team, as we have come to expect. Have to say though I am a little baffled why JT, if he’s healthy, as has been reported, didn’t get a chance to knock a little rust off. Go Dawgs!

• ponceinletdawgfanponceinletdawgfan Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

No JTD the whole game? Because SB was so stellar? I just don’t get it.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Stets said in the interview, Coach Smart told Stets it is your game Saturday. Maybe to give him a feeling of redemption? And it was Stetson's game. He has to quit throwing into traffic jams with air hangers...yet watch him move out of the pocket and really turn on the jets like a RB. He is very fast for a QB. JT could not do that I do not believe. Was not Bennett's best outing. Zamir had a good run too. Kirby said an RB ran in the wrong direction? Missed that.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take a beatdown of Florida any day even if the game was closer than the scoreboard indicated or something like that which it wasn't.

Bless their hearts.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is mind-bending. So nothing matters, the DAWG is going to play. And the fool with the generational talent who comes in from the W Coast (Cali) will stand on the sidelines.

A question for DAWG fans, if the NFL draft were held today, please rank Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels.

We will NOT beat ALA. Nor will we beat OK in the "consolation" game. Write it down.

But hey, we all get to back-slap a good 'ole boy.

Is that really the point? If so, enjoy.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's still ample time to get Daniels back up to speed before Bama. Yes, Smart still has to actually do it, but why not wait to see where it goes in the next 4 or 5 games before writing off the whole season?

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why so much hate for southern football players? You could have gone to Ann Arbor for your law degree and followed the wolverines. I hear they are a pretty good third tier team. And have very few southerners on their team to offend you, cupcake.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you saw JT in warmups he wasn't throwing ball he was just stretching in the area of his lat.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SBIV seems to have a pattern of playing well against bad competition and not as good against better competition. JTD finally cleared and seemingly healthy. Time to see what level he can take the O to. Closing out the schedule against overmatched teams should allow liberal substitutions at ALL positions. Still scratching my head over 1) no JTD in a blowout win and 2) Monken calling a pass on 3rd and 1 in the red zone. If you are the #1 team and can't get 1 yard any time you want you have a problem.