Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart raises bar on Georgia after ‘lackadaisical at times’ 43-6 win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart raises bar on Georgia after ‘lackadaisical at times’ 43-6 win over Missouri

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart cited a sloppy start and a lack of focus at times during the No. 1-ranked Bulldogs’ 43-6 win over Missouri on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad our coaches saw what everyone else saw as well.

I feel our coaching staff should emphasize setting the tone more in these noon kickoffs.

noon kickoffs are brutal for the favored team.

great win today and enjoyed seeing 18 get some valuable reps out there also.

go dawgs!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The other non kickoffs we've had were Arkansas - 21-0 after the first quarter - and Vanderbilt - 35-0 after the first. I don't think it was the noon kickoff that was the problem. I suspect it was off-the-field distraction that made things difficult.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby likes his "plow boys"...plow straight ahead. I agree..winced each time they smothered our RB. I wrote before there was something off about this game. No verve. Playing out of position. Not the normal focus and abandoned pursuit. I will, however, take the win. UGA better take Tenn. a lot more seriously. They will see how Mizzou boxed UGA, plus their end sweeps were pretty successful and QB sneaks. This will be a tough workout week...Kirby will be on them.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always, Always room for improvement. This was not one of the Dawgs better games. Kirby sees it, addressed it ( chewed the players in the locker room at the half and after the game). The players also took ownership of the lack of focus and will power. Kirby and the coaching staff will probably bust these Dawgs chops in practice this week. No doubt they will want to atone to the HC. I’m confident we will see a much better performance vs TN. With Anderson not only out but his teammates probably very worried or concerned for him and Salyer out that didn’t help matters. Acknowledging, Addressing, and Repairing are in order and I’m confident Kirby and staff will do that. The Good news is injured guys are starting to filter back into the team. And that’s Very good !! *****JT Daniels has as we expected a ton of rust but he’ll be fine. I would not be surprised at all and pretty much expect that Stets will start, then IF the Dawgs can get a sizable lead I would think JT will be out there. My biggest concern is that cow pasture they call a field up there. The people that designed, built, and maintain it must all be Navy vets as I’ve read it has waves in it !! 😀 Go Dawgs !!

• busterchapbusterchap Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

Disney Dawg fans? Aren't we all just fans? I mean seriously!