Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia stock report: No. 1 Bulldogs’ soar above the rest, offense surges with returning players

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: No. 1 Bulldogs’ soar above the rest, offense surges with returning players

ATHENS — Georgia football might not have ever looked this much better than the rest of college football than the Bulldogs do now.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The OL did a nice job of protecting Bennett. Not quite as well with 2nd team protecting JT who took that hit. You would think, uh oh, down goes JT, but he survived....have not heard any post-game injury report. I would not pick on Zamir too much as he was boxed in on those linear runs. I had to laugh...as Smart said "uh uh" to Podlesny on attempting that 52 yarder...instead that 4th down is converted into a touchdown by Smith. Good move....this time.

No Mike, the stock is always up with the defense...IMO. The bar is set so high...any yardage against UGA looks bad. They performed well...not as usual but better than most defensive units out there. Let's not "even-stock" UGA's defense...they are a marvelous machine....stock still up IMO.

The Kenny M, one hander made me rub my eyes..that was a Pickens' style reel-in if I ever saw one.

Let's do this again against the Vols....GO DAWGS!!!

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well at least we have the flexibility now to go to pass when running doesn't work.

A bit off subject but what is status of Mr Anderson. Why he he off the team when he hasn't been charged with anything (at least as far as I have read). I know it is a serious accusation but this country was founded on innocent il proven guilty yet that doesn't appear to be the approach being taken.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’d give credit for one turnover... the blocked punt that resulted in a safety and the ball at or around mid field.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's face it, the defense was not as good without their sacks leader and general havoc maker in Adam Anderson. I know it is supposed to be next man up, but it is going to take time to adjust the rotation for such a huge piece being out. Dawgs were thin at the OLB position anyway and his suspension hasn't made anything easier. Next Saturday's game in Knoxville will be a big test for the revamped defense. Don't be surprised to see the first 20+ point game be given up by the defense this year.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This isn't fair for Anderson. He hasn't been arrested or charged. Our rights, "are innocent until proven guilty" even if we are arrested based on accusation and even with evidence that may support the accusation we are still innocent until proven that we aren't in a court of law. . THis is starting with the idea of Adam is guilty until we can clear him, if we can. In the mean time, he can't play, his life is literally in limbo, based on a solitary accusation from a woman who as it has been reported changed her story.

I don't know what happened, only the two of them do, I suppose. There should be harsher penalties for making a false accusation. If not, this type thing will continue to happen. Think if Jordan Davis had a woman make a claim against him on the eve of the NC game. What if someone paid her to make the claim. Out he has to come, according to the current protocol.

Either you have some evidence other than just her words or you don't. Arrest or drop the charges.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am 100% agree the consequences of this allegation are awful. I also agree that it's possible the allegation is false. This said, playing at UGA is not a right, it's a privilege/opportunity to be handled responsibly/respectfully. And in this arena, the laws that govern citizens are supplemented substantially by team/athletic department policies/guidelines.

Step back and consider he may not be suspended for the allegation/assumption of guilt. It's possible a scenario like this occurred... AA was made aware of investigation; AA calls parents who say "gotta tell Kirby"; AA speaks to Kirby who asks questions/reports to UGA; university get's AA's statement for internal investigation; university/coach determine due to the circumstances AA made them aware of that AA behaved irresponsibly/disrespectfully with respect to the universities reputation & the teams reputation/shared goals/focus. At this point they could determined it's best to keep him away from the university/team until a permanent decision about his future at UGA could be made. I'm suggesting this scenario is more likely what led to suspension due to the UGA EOO investigation that's coincided the police investigation.

I'm not saying I don't wish he could play. I'm also not saying that women have not lied about this before; but I think to operate under the assumption he's suspended purely due to assumed guild and not based off a variety of factors is a little naive. After all, UGA has nothing; but upside/benefit if AA's on the field.

I'm grateful I'm not the one making these decisions... to either crucify this mans career only to find out he's innocent, or to let him carry on playing and pervert the legacy of this team while spitting in the face of this young lady would be terrible to live with. I just pray that this didn't happen and it's really just a night of wild partying/sowing wild oats gone south.

Some UGA fans REALLY seem concerned that the next big "conspiracy" in college sports will be opposing team's boosters bribing 18-22 year old girls into making false rape allegations, just to hurt another team/player? This is foolish. Particularly given the case a prosecution must present for a rape conviction. Do we really think there is a surplus of ladies out there who would take a quick pay-day in exchange for total/complete social suicide and permanent embarrassment. Can you imagine the rage and social backlash each lady would face with each subsequent false allegation? Just seems a little more insane to think this than to think there's a plethora of insane boosters/college girls running ploys like this.

AA clearly has been determined to be a total distraction to the team AND/OR determined to have violated team rules, university code of conduct, athletic dept code of conduct, the state/county/city's laws or maybe a combo of all.

edited November 2021
    edited November 2021

Ive not stated (nor intended to suggest) that their couldn’t be malicious intent on the females end. I’ve simply explained I find the suggestion that he could be suspended purely due to the allegation coming forth to be insane. I just wish you all could hear how silly, selfish and subjective you sound.

He’s not obligated to fair and equal treatment under the law within the confines of the athletic department/university. He’s held to a higher standard. And if he’s suspended I choose to believe my alma mater had good reason to believe he isn’t meeting that standard and it’s harmful to the team/UGA. Furthermore, the fact that some fans believe UGA would really suspend him without feeling they were legally vulnerable for not doing so is silly - UGA has everything to gain from him playing.

If you legitimately think this could be a routinely replicable model to Illegally harm other teams/players reputations and chances to win then we can’t have a good convo.

PS… This is not your average “got caught smoking weed” suspension where it’s a cut and dry number of games per offense… it’s much more unique, sensitive, and convoluted than that. I don’t know if you went to UGA but the suggestion they owe us as fans a number of games in the suspension is another thing that just makes you sound like a crybaby/never went to/donates nothing to Georgia fan (possible I could be wrong here; but I believe your priorities would be arranged differently if you’re an alumni) who wants him to play rather than an alumni who is more concerned with the bigger picture. And that’s not about one player being inconvenienced, it’s about our university and how it looks absolutely ridiculous right now…. Pardon UGA’s administration for proceeding with caution legally.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel quite sure that CKS has had the "talk" with his athletes about women and what they are capable of. Sure it's the exception and not the rule. But never-the-less it happens on occasions. Anyone ever watched the Natural?

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great win and it was awesome to have some of the receivers back as well. They made a big difference. My only concern and I sure hate to even bring it up but Bennett had at least 3 balls that should’ve been picks except for the UGA receivers taking the ball. Spastically he looked great but if you watched it, a better opponent takes those balls and things aren’t as rosy. Bottom line is they weren’t picks so we continue down this road and hope the damage is always manageable