Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Georgia flips elite 2023 WR Raymond Cottrell from Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,496 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Georgia flips elite 2023 WR Raymond Cottrell from Florida

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry will cover the flip today made by top 100 WR prospect Raymond Cottrell in the 2023 class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

😁

That is all.

• Options
    Dawg89Dawg89 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Maybe Mullen can flip him back when it's recruiting season :)

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome!

Of course, I've learned to not really take any stock of ANY commits until they sign the dotted line... and even that doesn't seem to mean much anymore.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love a win - win situation and this is even better, it's a win (elite recruit), flip from a rival (win) florida loses a top recruit (win). This is a rare win - win - win situation, assuming he signs with us and does not flip again (especially back to florida).

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad Cottrell decided to Commit To The G!

Call it the Kirby Effect!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news !! Welcome to Dawg Nation young man !! I hope you have a fantastic career !!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love your "dog mentality", RC... bodes well for a terrific career in the red and black. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THis is huge! Welcome to your new home!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

"Great wide receivers block when they don’t get the ball." - Raymond Cottrell

Welcome to UGA, Raymond. You are going to be a Kirby favorite when you come to Athens with that particular skill.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“What’s most important to me at wide receiver is that you have to have strong hands and you have to dominate at all times whether you are getting the ball or not. Also, great wide receivers are not selfish and what I mean by that is great wide receivers block when they don’t get the ball. Either way, you gotta have a dog mentality at everything, including blocking.”...Cottrell. 'Nough said.....this boy is a great flip from Mullen. UGA is a pattern fit and will get him to the League, which is his desire. Welcome!!!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Build a diverse offense with explosive plays and they (top recruits) will come

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I like his attitude. Dude gets it. Wise. I will be watching closely and rooting for the young man. 6'3" , quick twitch..... sound familiar? (Pickens, AD Mitchell) PLUS 3 more brothers at home! Start the pipeline, CKS.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adding to the attack. Go Dawgz.😎

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Dawg family, young man! Stay focused! Stay hungry! And stay committed! 😁

Florida is really in the dumps, and will take them years to recover. Naturally, this is a major concern for any recruit looking at Florida. I can't blame any recruit for wanting to bail on Florida right now, and it most likely would be a wise decision to do so. I don't see things improving down there for a long time.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

This decision is a no-brainer. Who would go to FL right now if he had a choice?

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s clear that dopey dan can only collect 3 stars in recruiting. He has to go to the portal to get the 4s and 5s that can’t break the two deep at other schools.