Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Day Apology

donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is actually National Kindness Day. On a game day ? No way! I think we need to be mean today. Perhaps those of you going to Rocky Flop for the game could be nice to a poor Vowel fan on the way out of the cow patch and your way home.

In lieu of National Kindness Day, I offer:

NATIONAL INDIAN PUDDING DAY

National Indian Pudding Day recognizes a cold-weather classic. On November 13th each year, serve up this traditional New England dessert that’s sure to wow.  

In the seventeenth century, English colonists brought hasty pudding to North America, transforming it. Although they initially made the pudding with wheat, due to a shortage of grain, the colonists eventually used cornmeal. Since the colonists had learned to cultivate maize (corn) from the indigenous peoples, the crop was readily available. The colonists derived the name for Indian pudding from their name for cornmeal – Indian meal. They also replaced the water with milk. For added flavor, cooks add either molasses or maple syrup. Other ingredients they added include cinnamon, ground ginger, butter, eggs, raisins, and nuts.

They then slowly baked the Indian pudding for several hours. Baking transforms the pudding’s texture from the original porridge-like quality of hasty pudding to a much smoother consistency which is more typical of custard.

Use in a sentence: Why would we ever fight Indians who gave us Indian Pudding ?

Go Dawgs!! Be mean to the Vowels.

Comments

• Options
    BrettGarrBrettGarr Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ Junior

Uh, shouldn't it be National Native-American Pudding Day? 😉

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You might be correct. No slight intended. I wasn't in much of an "editing" mood this AM, I guess.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They gone get their pudding shoved in...in a very kind way. Lol